Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

'Whiplash'. Seriously good film. One of the best i've seen in the last couple of years. I can see why the bloke who played the music teacher won an Oscar, although he did have all the best lines.

Spoiler alert. The sweariest put downs since Malcolm Tucker:

Edited by COYW

• Members

Interstellar.

9/10.

Thought provoking albiet a tad slow for the the first hours. Cannot get why people cannot understand it?

Must admit, I watched it with some trepidation after the slatings it's got, but it was actually alright.

Whiplash also decent. That teacher is one mean fucker.

CitizenFour is also a good watch, although I expected Snowden to put tin foil on his head at one point.

Must admit, I watched it with some trepidation after the slatings it's got, but it was actually alright.

Whiplash also decent. That teacher is one mean fucker.

CitizenFour is also a good watch, although I expected Snowden to put tin foil on his head at one point.

Looking forward to Whiplash!

Just watched Dracula Untold. OK but perhaps I was in the mood for somat simple and easy going. 6/10.

Bart the Bowman from the Hobbit does a fine bit of impaling!

In fact I think impaling is now my second favourite medieval pastime after the stocks!

Edited by bgoefc

• 3 weeks later...

It's shit film night on terrestrial telly...

Revolver (Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, some bloke out of Coronation Street) - so shite I turned it over, I suppose this is why Guy Ritchie doesn't make films anymore? (or if he does, nobody bothers with them).

Turned it over to..

Burke and Hare (Andy Serkis, 'Spaced' cast, Ronnie Corbett) - which is just as shit as Revolver, I've also come to the conclusion that, in my opinion, Andy Serkis is a crap actor, thought he was crap as Martin Hannett in '24hr Party People', he was crap as Ian Dury in his biopic and he's crap in this

Subtitles though, since I've started doing the annoying habit of 'dual-screening' it's pretty hard to keep up with subtitled stuff, missed out on a few good 'Storyville'(s) doing this, you just can't keep up with two screens reading one and watching the other (and subtitles).

The logical thing to do would be turn off the laptop during subtitled stuff, I'll probably do that in future. :(

• Moderators

anybody watched frank

a frank sidebottom thing?

yes and no

yes - it's about a musician who wears a paper mache head called frank

no - it's nothing like the real frank sidebottom and is not set in timperley

• Moderators

last year i read a book about countries trying to qualify for the brazil wc

there were some interesting features not least american samoa who had a man/woman playing for them

sky on demand has next goal wins which is about the worst team in the world

a good watch