Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lousy Beers

Being a lager man for many a year most of my choices are from that ilk, but feel free to remember other bad beers from over the years

Grunhalle - Greenalls brewerys very own lager slops

Stein lager -Used to be sold in Thwaites houses - putrid,totally gopping :bad:

Slalom - sold in Matty Browns pubs i think - very weird mouldy aftertaste

Gold medal lager - Dunno which brewery produced this stuff, but it was definitely served up in pubs and clubs in and around the Burnley area a while back, a mate of mine commented to the landlord "I wouldn't like to try the fuckin' bronze medal"

Any other lousy lagers? bum bitters? minging milds? or even sickly ciders?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diamond lager of Holts Arms up Tyldesley and Globe up Leigh, really weird tasting crap, but some used to swear by it

To be honest Carlsberg is perhaps the worst piss you can get now over here, I'd sooner go thirsty, but I've had it in Copenhagen too and it's totally differernt

• Members

Dust remember Lowenbrau? A supposed German lager from Lion Ales (in Blackburn) I think. Geddit eh, geddit??

I purchased some scooter stuff from Rollerzentrale in Munich and they sent a complimentary six pack of Lowenbrau in the package. Fcuking ace stuff. Obviously very different from your experience? Yours brewed in Blackburn under licence?

I have an out and out winner down here. West End Lager from Adelaide. They should be prosecuted under the trade descriptions act. Probably the worst beer I have ever tasted. Like gravy browning in soda water with a few drops of Lanry (now then, who remembers that?)

Had a few bad pints of San Miguel in the Duke of Welly in Chew Moor a few weeks ago. It was trully rank. I used to like going in there as one of the bar maids had a fantastic rack on her.

2 of the lads went in on Satday and said the San Miguel had improved. Unfortunatley the landlord was showing the scum as well as the Whites, so they left. Not good to be near those DMBs for too long....

:angry:

Anyway, shit lagers - 4X, Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg, Budweiser, Breaker, Skol, Oranjeboom, Kronenbourg, Miller Lite, Heineken, Crystal (Holts), Lech

Good lagers - Stella, Staropramen, Super Bock, San Miguel, Cobra, Tiger, Carlsberg Export, Grolsch, Red Stripe, Zywiec, Tyskie, Singha, Peroni, Kolsch

I went to a do at Bolton Cricket Club once and they were serving Lion Bitter. It was absolute shite so I went on the Whisky and ended up in hospital being stomach pumped.

I was 16 at the time.

And not forgetting Greenhall Whitley Bitter, I wouldn't wash my drains out with it.

We're in luck, i heard in the last couple of weeks that lowenbrau is to be dropped for good. :yahoo:

Spider - i can't believe you've singled out Carling? - It's my staple diet of choice is that stuff.

And Jeep.....Kronenburg???? It's pure nectar,Lager perfection imo :drinks: - Although you're bang on with Crystal lager from Joey Holt's pubs, it's fuckin rancid.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Being a lager man for many a year most of my choices are from that ilk, but feel free to remember other bad beers from over the years

Grunhalle - Greenalls brewerys very own lager slops

Stein lager -Used to be sold in Thwaites houses - putrid,totally gopping :bad:

Slalom - sold in Matty Browns pubs i think - very weird mouldy aftertaste

Gold medal lager - Dunno which brewery produced this stuff, but it was definitely served up in pubs and clubs in and around the Burnley area a while back, a mate of mine commented to the landlord "I wouldn't like to try the fuckin' bronze medal"

Any other lousy lagers? bum bitters? minging milds? or even sickly ciders?

Awful stuff, tbh anything by Greenhalls was bad, used to dread going in Lower Nags/Olivers on a Sat night.

You could say the same about the cide rin the M&S.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.