Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

End Of An Era

• Members

No, getting bummed is gay, whether you push back or not.

Bumming a ladyboy is apparently not gay, provided you're thinking of a woman at the same time.

.. even if you're giving her him a reach around ?

Back to topic. Chin up mate and go a bit easier on the booze.

• Moderators

Jazza, your a top bloke, I have been lucky to spend some time in your company with Liam and co.

Think of it as a new start, work hard, keep focussed. It might not feel like it now, but this could be a good thing in the long run.

Youve plenty of good mates who will look out for you.

Chin up buddy.

Happened to me 6 year ago. Gutted at the time but she did me a favour miserable cow.

My wife now is ten times the woman she was and all my mates like her unlike the other one.

I got leathered every day for 3 months and went on all lads trips that was going, my way of dealing with it.

It will get better but you will be sick of people telling you this.

Get what you can out of the split and don't back down.

A very sad story Jazza.

I think it's fairly "inevitable" and normal that the booze gets hammered more than it should, it's all part of the grieving process - but you have to make sure it doesn't beat you.

I split with my ex Mrs 12 years ago (all my own fault) and ended up in the back room at my parents for longer than i imagined - and it was a fookin lonely place at times, but things did get better.

All the best to you.

Had the same shit with my second wife,anyway she was out in town one night with a mate, i had never seen before,I went over got chatting next thing I have moved in with her she bought me a car paid for me to go to Madrid and Lisbon.She always makes sure me and my lad have season tickets,We got married in Vegas two year ago, never been happier. There is always something round the corner.

Had the same shit with my second wife,anyway she was out in town one night with a mate, i had never seen before,I went over got chatting next thing I have moved in with her she bought me a car paid for me to go to Madrid and Lisbon.She always makes sure me and my lad have season tickets,We got married in Vegas two year ago, never been happier. There is always something round the corner.

Did she pay for the Vegas trip aswell? :D

Sorry if this is a bit self indulgent but I'm in a morose sort of mood. In fact I am absolutely devastated.

I have been married for 12 years nearly to the love of my life but now she feels she has "outgrown me" and wants me out.

I live in a small village where I have loads of good mates and play in the local darts and pool teams. I am a decent enough player at both but it's more for the social side that I go for. I have lived in a gorgeous barn conversion for the past 4 years where I have ploughed in the ?75k I was left when my mother died to put in a new kitchen have the garden landscaped and basically finish the conversion. I am now walking away from it all with fuck all but a TV, a surround sound and my clothes to a rented 1 bedroom flat 20 miles away.

I have lost my wife, my home, my inheritance, my friends and my self respect. I move out on Wednesday. Whoopyfuckindoo. Still, there are people a lot worse off than me, I have reasonable health and no debt, my wife has taken it on because I don't earn a lot and she does, though I work all sorts of long hours. So if I have been on here a lot recently, it's because I have fuck all else. She ran up the debts mind, she is extravagant to say the least

And no I'm not drunk, I'm skint and have been sitting here all night trying to watch the Fulham Liverpool match on a dodgy internet feed.

mods feel free to delete this if it's not deemed appropriate, I just needed to get it off my chest. Sorry

Sorry to here about your problems mate ,all i would add to the good advice given is to think twice about giving her everything. what would your mother think about that money she left you, iam sure she would want you to fight your corner. if you have mates then now is when you need them,one door closes another opens and all that.

Sorry to hear your story mate.

I had a mate who went through the same thing and he had a mental breakdown.

You won't find any answers in drink or drugs, or even feeling sorry for yourself.

Some people can't let go and it destroys them and everybody around them.

With those selected quotes of Sluffy's I totally agree. I was dumped by a long time girlfriend 3 years ago this coming July. I literally turned to drink and a fantasy internet life, and feeling very sorry for myself. It is only in the last couple of months since realising it was doing me no good whatsoever and sought help that thinks are now beginning to look better and now that I can begin to look back I must admit I did take the wrong path.

Keep smiling

Stay happy

and think of things that you do have.

You only have one life and we are all a long time dead, but enjoy life, and do not fear it!

You always have the Wanderers in your heart!

DutchWhites aka Chris Amos aka Ghost of Burnden etc etc admits to having a fantasy internet life?

What next? Stunning revelations that it goes dark at night? Or that bears shit in the woods?

• Site Supporter

Jazza

Shit times

But

That house sounds nice. Prices will pick up again eventually and she'll be left sat on a goldmine. I'd call her bluff mate and tell her you'll go halves on everything.

I walked away from a ?50k profit on the marital home 1st time round and whilst I'd do it again every time, ?25k would have gone a long way. I should have stood my ground.

In the meantime, how much room is left in that shed all your kit's in?

Thanks a lot for all your kind advice and some not so wise... widnes!!

I am moving tomorrow and might not be online for a while until I can afford to get the internet set up. So if you don't hear from me for a while don't think I have strung myself up. I'll try and look in on my phone.

Life will go on and I am, in a funny kind of way, looking forward to spending some time myself.

As for not hitting the amber nectar, I have done so since I was 15 yrs old so my liver would have withdrawal symptoms if I went cold turkey!

Come on ye whites!!

• Site Supporter

Thanks a lot for all your kind advice and some not so wise... widnes!!

I am moving tomorrow and might not be online for a while until I can afford to get the internet set up. So if you don't hear from me for a while don't think I have strung myself up. I'll try and look in on my phone.

Life will go on and I am, in a funny kind of way, looking forward to spending some time myself.

As for not hitting the amber nectar, I have done so since I was 15 yrs old so my liver would have withdrawal symptoms if I went cold turkey!

Come on ye whites!!

Do remember to kick her in the cunt on the way out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.