Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill

Surely We need to sort our defence out before investing in attacking options.

Although i have no idea how we go about that.

Is boyata gonna be a huge improvement on steinsson or knight?

And I really fear for our defence without Cahill.

If we get money for Cahill, you can be certain someone else will be in as a centre back at the same time.

Anyone else is a bonus, but I'd say a striker will also be in and we'll go for a wide player. SWP deal sounds dead, so probably a loan deal from somewhere. Can't think of anyone off top of my head mind.

Spurs now coming in for Cahill according to Daily Mail.

Results couldn't have gone better for us today if we are keen to sell.

But we have our own defensive problems to sort out.

Selling cahill will help with that.

We're not just touting him. Quite rightly, Coyle wanted this sorting earlier in the close season so he could get on with replacing Cahill and bedding in a new centre back before the season start. Attempting to avoid what is happening now.

That didn't happen, so we're stuck with a defender who (probably) wants to leave for somewhere bigger and better, clubs that want him for as little as they can pay and the problem of replacing him.

It's a shame that the chasing pack seem to be Spurs (not a lot of spare cash) and Arsenal (who don't want to pay any cash). If it was City or Liverpool, life would have been much easier.

Maybe, just maybe, City will realise that Cahill is much better than Lescott.

Or Chelsea that he can partner Terry better than anyone they have currently.

Bear in mind that Bolton have more points than Arsenal and Spurs put together. (And you can add Fulham in too.)

If Utd can beat Arsenal 8-2; is football dead?

Top level football might be heading that way if the top 2-3 clubs start devouring the next 3-4 clubs. They've pretty much finished off the rest of the league.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch .....

I don't know whether it's been discussed before, but Cahill has been a model employee while all this has been going on.

When you think of that clown Modric, Cahill might have been expected to have to said to "close sources" that he's angling for a move or "his heads not right" on the basis that:

1. lots of hype yet no bids for months on end

2. suggestions that valuations are/have been miles apart

3. he's seen how others (Jagielka) have had more regular chances through being at bigger clubs

4. he's seen more recently that as soon as you play for a top 4 side, you're considered more strongly and others like Jones and possibly Smalling are going past him

Personally, I'm still unsure whether he's top class but I applaud the manner about which he has been going about his business over the last few months. Modric on the other hand is a cock.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.