Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

10 Things That Should Be Banned From Modern Football

Piemon

2. Those fucking Jester hats in the teams colours.
  3. Women who have been to one game and now know everyhting there is to know about club.
  4. Blokes who have been to one game and now know everything there is to know about the club.
  5. Old guys who still say, "who's the Darkie?"
  6. Teams getting into Europe to then not want to be in Europe??????
  7. Champions League.
  8. Playing for fourth place.
  9. Out of town stadia.
  10. Johnny cum latelies.
  11. People who shout "sit down!" to people who are just trying to inject some sort of passion into an otherwise lifeless match.
  12. All-seater grounds. It's the 21st Century, surely we can have sufficient crowd control provisions now?
  13. Teams without local players.
  14. Foreign managers.
  15. England hyperbole.
  16. The Sun.
  17. Patronising London journalists. Big sam= bad Owen Coyle= good.
  18. David Pleat.
  19. Andy Townsend.
  20. Ex-footballers who have suddenly become pundits for no good reason, Dixon, Savage, Higginbottom??????
  21. Commentators comparing players just because they look a like, eg Makele and Lassana Diarra.
  22. AVB is the new Mourinho.
  23. Cyber-warriors/hooligans/trolls.

• Moderators

them what stand up to sing, then turn to the rest of the crowd giving it the hand gestures that say "come on then cunts, why are you not singing"

don't get me wrong

i like singing

i like standing

but I don't need a fucking conductor

• Site Supporter

Grown men with the names of their favourite player on the back of replica shirts. On a Saturday afternoon when they are shopping with their missus and their team is at home.

agreed. usually red shirts and rooney.

The press started calling Beckham one a few years ago when Real played him in centre mid.

I forgot to mention when pundits and commentators mention that a certain club "was a founder member of the premier league." So fuckin what? They happened to be in the English top league when it changed name. QPR, you will never ever be able to say you took part in worlds first ever football league.

It was mentioned a minute ago on skys coverage of QPR - Villa.

• Site Supporter

To be fair, I think we were all thinking it.

to be fair.. my Gran died 3 years ago.. never really took her as much of a football fan and she lived in Walkden most of her life.

She went to the Finals in 53 and 58, and her mam went to two in the 20's.. W"hoever says women shouldnt be going to football seems they've been going as long as the blokes have.

When I first started going to Burnden Park, women were admitted for the same price as juveniles. Presumably they didn't understand football as much as men. :yahoo:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.