Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle Out?

Peter North

Do you honestly think that swaping either Eagles / Tuncay for Davies and Ricky for Robbo would have made a difference? I saw Ricky at left back at Villa away and he wasnt what he used to be. Cant have done worse than robbo today granted but we needed an extra centre half today more than anything (unless we had decent full backs)

Talking chite - Ricky was superb at Villa in the cup

Robbo seemed to be out of position all the first half and he was at fault but he was not the only one - the midfield was attrocious. As bad as Muamba's passing of the ball is he must be played because he puts a foot in and wins the ball

Yes, the fullbacks are a bit dodgy, yes Petrov doesn't track back, yes Davies is on the wane, but we have previously got results with these players.

But you all seem to be skirting around the problem, the central midfielders, they are absolutely shocking.

I would love to know the stats but the central midfielders cannot possibly be covering as much ground as those when BSA and Megson were at the club.

Even with 3, the space offered to Chelsea was unbelievable for a Premiership team, and I think this has been the case is most of the matches. NRC is lazy, for Fat Frank to amble past him twice is embarrassing, and what are Pratley's strengths?? Plus if you are going with 5 in midfield, Mavies should surely be the creative one on point???

And then we move on to OC's other weakness, he bought them so will play them come hell or high water, how Muamba did not get on the pitch is just unfathomable as far as I am concerned.

OC's stock is dropping fast. What really worries me is when we are bad he skulks back to the dugout and does nowt, stand in the technical area, scream at the players and front it out.

I have to agree with mickbrown.

Teams know our weakness and exploit it to score goals. Midfield is just a complete shambles offering no protection for a poor defence.

Coyle now has a massive job on his hands to restore some confidence. He talks a good game but now is the time to earn his corn and deliver.

He talks a good game but now is the time to earn his corn and deliver.

I'm not so sure he does talk a good game, I tend to find he talks in clich?s to much and spouts what he thinks people want to hear

I can't see what Reo-Coker gives us at all. Can't tackle, can't run, doesn't get forward, doesn't get back. Can only pass sideways. Not sure about Pratley, he's energetic but still finding his feet which isn't the time for it.

M.Davies and Muamba have to play at Wigan. Muamba can't pass or shoot but breaks things up and wins the ball back, and can get forward. M.Davies can't tackle but can do anything with the ball going forward.

I hope it's a case that Owen doesn't know his strongest team, rather than him persisting with playing players he signed.

Lets face it, we haven't done well against top five sides in a long time. Apart from Norwich, we are where we pretty much expected. Six games ago we were top of the league, in another six games it will be different again.

Apart from City, the only worry is the manner of the defeats.

• Members

Well, I'm hungiver to fuck after getting severely pissed after the game to numb the pain.

I blame Coyle for my hangover.

Yesterday was one of the most clueless, gutless, spineless, humiliating performances I have ever witnessed.

Gardner in the middle, Davies on the right?? Against Chelsea??

WTF was Coyle thinking?

Luiz picking up the ball and running UNCHALLENGED for 60 yards time and time again?

Coyle looked way, way, way out of his depth yesterday. Not only with his team selection but with his failure to address problems that were obvious.

I have no problem with teams of the quality of Chelsea beating us. I do, however, have a problem with them not even having to work for their victory.

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of our so-called defenders not marking their men at set-pieces. How many goals have we conceded because of this??

Where was the leadership yesterday? After the 2nd goal went in someone should've called a meeting, huddle, whatever. Someone needed to stand up and get everyone together. All I saw was a lot of pointing and shrugging.

I'm seriously pissed off. :angry:

hmm, listening to that interview, and coyle talking about responsiblity and pride, i doubt steinsson will be in the starting lineup at wigan. maybe not petrov either.

Was steinnsson not injured - if you're taking players off for one mistake then surely rob laiton should have come out for the 2nd half?

I'll hld my hands up I am totally mystified /confused I watch that and it fires me up slightly then I think if megson had just done the occasional interview like that he'd have done himself a favour or two does that make me a chump for falling under coyles spell and now we're scratching the surface there isn't much there and he's a one trick pony - we can all manage when everyones "high on a happy vibe" or you take over from someone hated as much as megson was - if he turns this round then it's a long way to proving he IS a good manager after all.............arrr fuck knows

Was steinnsson not injured - if you're taking players off for one mistake then surely rob laiton should have come out for the 2nd half?

I'll hld my hands up I am totally mystified /confused I watch that and it fires me up slightly then I think if megson had just done the occasional interview like that he'd have done himself a favour or two does that make me a chump for falling under coyles spell and now we're scratching the surface there isn't much there and he's a one trick pony - we can all manage when everyones "high on a happy vibe" or you take over from someone hated as much as megson was - if he turns this round then it's a long way to proving he IS a good manager after all.............arrr fuck knows

Bogdan is a young lad who was obviously very nervous i can excuse him that dodgy game but the other players are experienced proffessionals who should know better. Muamba must of nailed Coyles mum or something to be put on the bench becuase he is better than Reo coker, Gardner and anybody else weve tried there this season. I cant help thinking Coyle has listened to the muppets having a go at Muamba.

I think the back four is struggling due to lack of protection from midfield. As a team we can't defend at the minute.

Our full backs have always been poor, but knight and cahill have been decent enough. Robinson isn't good enough to hold his own without protection from Petrov. Gardner for Petrov maybe. I don't think Petrov has played too badly, he just can't defend and is spineless and isn't made of the right stuff when the going gets tough.

PS, I was home before half time.

I think the back four is struggling due to lack of protection from midfield. As a team we can't defend at the minute.

Our full backs have always been poor, but knight and cahill have been decent enough. Robinson isn't good enough to hold his own without protection from Petrov. Gardner for Petrov maybe. I don't think Petrov has played too badly, he just can't defend and is spineless and isn't made of the right stuff when the going gets tough.

PS, I was home before half time.

Deary me.

• Members

Yes, that's true. Who was supposed to be picking up Lampard. It's not like he's a young kid we know nothing about. We all know the sort of runs he makes, yet he was allowed time after time to saunter into our box unchallenged.

HOWEVER

Our defenders keep gifting teams a goal start by simply not picking men up from set-pieces. We're effectively giving every team a goal start, and that is not the fault of the midfield.

Yes, that's true. Who was supposed to be picking up Lampard. It's not like he's a young kid we know nothing about. We all know the sort of runs he makes, yet he was allowed time after time to saunter into our box unchallenged.

HOWEVER

Our defenders keep gifting teams a goal start by simply not picking men up from set-pieces. We're effectively giving every team a goal start, and that is not the fault of the midfield.

True, as well as our keeper.

Well, I'm hungiver to fuck after getting severely pissed after the game to numb the pain.

I blame Coyle for my hangover.

Yesterday was one of the most clueless, gutless, spineless, humiliating performances I have ever witnessed.

Gardner in the middle, Davies on the right?? Against Chelsea??

WTF was Coyle thinking?

Luiz picking up the ball and running UNCHALLENGED for 60 yards time and time again?

Coyle looked way, way, way out of his depth yesterday. Not only with his team selection but with his failure to address problems that were obvious.

I have no problem with teams of the quality of Chelsea beating us. I do, however, have a problem with them not even having to work for their victory.

I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of our so-called defenders not marking their men at set-pieces. How many goals have we conceded because of this??

Where was the leadership yesterday? After the 2nd goal went in someone should've called a meeting, huddle, whatever. Someone needed to stand up and get everyone together. All I saw was a lot of pointing and shrugging.

I'm seriously pissed off. :angry:

agree

team selection seems to be -defence pick any 4 from 6,midfield any 4 from 8

when you dont know your best team youre in trouble

Yes, the fullbacks are a bit dodgy, yes Petrov doesn't track back, yes Davies is on the wane, but we have previously got results with these players.

But you all seem to be skirting around the problem, the central midfielders, they are absolutely shocking.

I would love to know the stats but the central midfielders cannot possibly be covering as much ground as those when BSA and Megson were at the club.

Even with 3, the space offered to Chelsea was unbelievable for a Premiership team, and I think this has been the case is most of the matches. NRC is lazy, for Fat Frank to amble past him twice is embarrassing, and what are Pratley's strengths?? Plus if you are going with 5 in midfield, Mavies should surely be the creative one on point???

And then we move on to OC's other weakness, he bought them so will play them come hell or high water, how Muamba did not get on the pitch is just unfathomable as far as I am concerned.

OC's stock is dropping fast. What really worries me is when we are bad he skulks back to the dugout and does nowt, stand in the technical area, scream at the players and front it out.

Yeah when we had holden and CYL playing, as ive said all along take these two out are we are pretty shite

Mark Davies us not the answer. unless the question is who do we have who can run down dead ends all game?

Fabrice in for Robinson, Gardner to left back.

Eagles in for Fat Kev

Agree

Though im not convinced i want Pratley playing either. Id play Muamba, Reo Coker and Mark Davies at Wigan

Edited by tarian1979

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.