Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next 6 Games

We all know we've had a tough start to the new campaign but if you think the next 6 games are going to be easy as everyone appears to think, well think again.

Confidence is at an all time low, we are rooted at the foot of the table, massive -goal difference...

Wigan Away - L

Sunderland Home - D

Swansea Away- L

Stoke Home - D

WBA Away- L

Everton Home - L

I can see only 2 points from a possible 18 god I hope I'm wrong.

Got to be looking at 10 points from these 6 - which is doable - that will put us on survival level with 1/3 of the season gone and plenty still to do. If we get less than 10 we are properly in the Shite IMO.

All hands to the pump for these six games, any less than 10 points and Ted / Garty need to step in.

Edited by Globetrotter

I don't see why we shoul dcertainly become a fantastic team, juts because we're not playing the "top 4" - I'm expectng the rot to stop, but won't go overboard. I reckon:

Wigan Away - L

Sunderland Home - D

Swansea Away- D

Stoke Home - W

WBA Away- L

Everton Home - D

6pts in total

Suppose in the cold light of day we maybe hoped for 6 points from the first 7 games.

Possibly 4,but the reality is 3. Not vastly adrift.

We now have games until mid January that are all winnable. However, when you are in such a bad run

it is trying to buck that trend. Only thing is, as is always the way Bolton always help teams that

are also on bad runs (Wigan / Sunderland).

I think if we get to the end of the next 3 games and are still in the brown stuff - then we

really will have to worry.

• Members

I imagine Swansea will be too - not conceded at home yet!

Absolutely. Who won't be rubing their hands at playing us?

No creativity and a defence that looks like they've never seen one another before and a choice of a 'keeper that looks past it or a 'keeper that looks frightened to death when the ball comes anywhere near him.

:angry:

I'm hoping that my chronic negativity will ebb away as my hangover slowly gets better.

We won't score against Wigan, we'll try and have some chances, but I can just see it now, a lot of talk is about how poor Bolton's keepers are atm, Al Habsi plays against us for the very 1st time and will prove a point, and this forum will be filled with posts like "we should never have sold him" "that's what we let go" etc etc.

Sunderland and Bruce need points, we are the charity boys, we'll help them out, like we usually always do.

Our pathetic defence will struggle against Swansea's pace up top.

Stoke home will bring back memories of Wembley, Bolton will try to put it right in this game, but I think this team isn't capable of trying to put things right, can see a 0-1 loss.

WBA away, a genuine place where teams can go and think about getting away points, but unlike Bolton, WBA have given teams like Man United and Chelsea a game, lost both, but at least made a game of it and could have had a couple of points for their efforts. They'll pass it around our midfield and miss lots of chances, but eventually brake us down.

Everton at home, I say draw because I think this will be a new managers first game and we'll have a very brief honeymoon period.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, we have a crap team, we don't have anyone who can equal out the goals our shit defence will concede, equal out the mistakes our keepers keep making.

We don't win away, we had a rare one against QPR, we'll probably only win once more and that'll be nearer to April-May next year.

Edited by Didledee

Guest bwfcdan

Wigan Away - L

Sunderland Home - W

Swansea Away- L

Stoke Home - L

WBA Away- D

Everton Home - L

Edited by bwfcdan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.