Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Argies On The News

jules_darby

Galloway is the most despicable figurewho's been in the public eye for decades. Horrible strutting wide boy who lives at the feet of Assad and Hezbollah and at the throat of common decency. An embarrassment of a man.

That Sean Penn quote, you'd be forgiven for reading it and assuming he's in favour of the British argument!

Was it last year there was meant to be oil around the Falklands and they wanted it all for themselves, they weren't quite so British then. Turns out the oil would be too hard to extract or something, now they are British again.

Difficult to extract, but with emeging technologies it won't always be so.

As I understand it, one factor is going to be the continued price of crude oil...if it remains high then it's more viable to spend more on it....this may sound daft but it can vary; I think we've seen it differ by 300% in the past couple of years.....

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Had a cracking article on the news down here today. Concluded that the reason that bint is kicking off down in Buenos Aires about the Falklands again is that the government claims inflation is running at 7% but the true figure is close to 22%. They (she) knows they are in the shit and 'Las Malvinas' is always an emotive subject which diverts attention away from the countries economic ills.

The investigator looked into Argentinas military capacity and, post junta, they have fook all. A potential invasion is a joke and the locals reckon they couldn't win a stoush with Venezuela, Paraguay or Peru at present - never mind Britain.

As an aside, I watched the Estudiantes v Boca game live this morning and the players all had Malvinas tee shirts on before the game and have a few red bereted para types line up with them when the national anthem was played. 30th anniversary of their failed invasion and all that.

To top it off, switched over to Sky UK news and some Indian looking prominent person was reviewing the UK papers and went off on one suggesting the Falklands should be handed over to Argentina right now as all that will happen is another situation where we eventually limply hand them over to the Argies in a few decades as we did with Hong Kong to China. I think she is forgetting mineral/exploration in Antarctica rights.

• Site Supporter

Had a cracking article on the news down here today. Concluded that the reason that bint is kicking off down in Buenos Aires about the Falklands again is that the government claims inflation is running at 7% but the true figure is close to 22%. They (she) knows they are in the shit and 'Las Malvinas' is always an emotive subject which diverts attention away from the countries economic ills.

The investigator looked into Argentinas military capacity and, post junta, they have fook all. A potential invasion is a joke and the locals reckon they couldn't win a stoush with Venezuela, Paraguay or Peru at present - never mind Britain.

As an aside, I watched the Estudiantes v Boca game live this morning and the players all had Malvinas tee shirts on before the game and have a few red bereted para types line up with them when the national anthem was played. 30th anniversary of their failed invasion and all that.

To top it off, switched over to Sky UK news and some Indian looking prominent person was reviewing the UK papers and went off on one suggesting the Falklands should be handed over to Argentina right now as all that will happen is another situation where we eventually limply hand them over to the Argies in a few decades as we did with Hong Kong to China. I think she is forgetting mineral/exploration in Antarctica rights.

Simon Weston nailed on breakfast tv this morning.

Britain had sovereignty of the islands before Argentina even existed as a nation. Therefore their claim is based on nothing more than piss and wind.

Just because it's close means fuck all and they know it.

They won't invade that small part of the country that speaks Welsh, because there's no oil underneath it.

It's a British territory and that's the be all and end all. Anyone saying otherwise should do their fucking homework before jumping on whichever lame celebrity bandwagon happens to be rolling past.

John Simpson of the BBC said many Argentinians think that too & should be sorting their own problems out rather than fucking about with the Falklands.

Though, the same was said about Thatcher =@

They should of sent Clarkson instead , the interview with the students would of gone:

"Do you want the Falklands/Malvinas back?"

"Yes"

"Would you go to was for them?"

"No"

"Well you're not getting them back"

I think the boycott of Argie good should pick up, their pissy wine, corned beef, blueberries, butternut squash, if it says "Origin: Argentina", chuck it back.

aren't Frey Bentos pies from Argentina as well?

Some of these Argentinians have got very short memories.

When they invaded the Falklands they were ruled by a brutal military dictatorship which systematically murdered anyone who spoke up against it, using such methods as drugging prisoners before throwing them out of helicopters over the ocean. They even murdered parents and gave their children to high-ranking military officials.

At the time they had the largest armed forces in South America because the ruling Fascist junta diverted all their resources into the military. Their defeat was the beginning of the end for the regime and now they have a democratically elected government who refrain from murdering them.

Perhaps we should be reminding them of this next time they start bleating to the UN.

• Site Supporter

I always thought Fray bentos was Argentine. I've learned something new today. Well, one or two things really. It seems Fray Bentos is the Capital City of Uruguay, not just the name of a meat pie filling company.

I always thought Fray bentos was Argentine. I've learned something new today. Well, one or two things really. It seems Fray Bentos is the Capital City of Uruguay, not just the name of a meat pie filling company.

Must admit, I thought Fray Bentos was Argentinian...

Anyway, Montivideo is the capital city of Uruguay

• 3 weeks later...