Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Weather.....

gonzo

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's almost beyond belief.

All other airports nearer unavailable?

Yeah plenty, they just did it for the fun of it.

• Site Supporter

I always thought the more frugal airlines put enough fuel in the planes plus a bit for emergencies rather than a full tank to enable a 300 mile trip to end up almost 5 times the distance.

12 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Deserve it for flying from Stansted to Newquay. 

Definitely off Greta's (virtual) Christmas card list. 

Just googled the drive time. 5&half hours.

Id previously fell in to the casual and probably ignorant thoughts that anything past Watford is just the south and everything is close together :D

It's honestly done nothing but absolutely tonk it down all day here so far, a little stream is now running off the fields and past my house.

I know that "it's just weather" but fucking hell, it's rubbish. There are definitely going to be more floods around here later today/tomorrow if this carries on for another couple of hours. No wind yet though, although that's apparently coming in a few hours

6 hours ago, Sweep said:

It's honestly done nothing but absolutely tonk it down all day here so far, a little stream is now running off the fields and past my house.

I know that "it's just weather" but fucking hell, it's rubbish. There are definitely going to be more floods around here later today/tomorrow if this carries on for another couple of hours. No wind yet though, although that's apparently coming in a few hours

Everything is in the extreme.

Back up to 60mph now here.

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

What a rough night that was

was a bit windy in the shires, but nothing like what you lot had up there. A few fence panels down again, and a bit noisy. I need to check the roof later, as it sounded like I may have lost a tile or two.

Today is absolutely lovely though, bright blue sky and barely a breeze

8 hours ago, Sweep said:

was a bit windy in the shires, but nothing like what you lot had up there. A few fence panels down again, and a bit noisy. I need to check the roof later, as it sounded like I may have lost a tile or two.

Your brother must have already checked, because he told me you had a slate loose.