Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cardiff 1 Wanderers 1

DIPS

Just home. ..We were very good again first half & should have been 2 up at h-t (though Bogdan made a cracking early save), but Cardiff pushed us right back in the 2nd half, specially down the wings & after their goal it was a bit nervewracking, but a draw was about right in the end.

Special mentions for Bogdan who was steady throughout & made a brilliant save in each half, Medo gets better & better ,& Eagles was very good 1st half but faded later. Bit disappointed with Sordell.

& Vela ,I thought did really well 1st half with good covering work & calm, sensible use of the ball. but was another who ran out of steam 2nd half. Maybe Holden could have replaced him sooner.

Very happy....well done again Dougie.

For me, Cardiff played very wide and the problems were down both flanks anyway.

Ended up stood near Captain Meds and some other moaning squeaky cunt. Some old travel club told him he was a tosser. Baffles me why people go just to slag people off.

Maybe that could be because our central midfielders muffled their creativity in there, so that had to go wide? Vela could have been a big part of that?

Finally home, great day out as always, ales well supped, usual good crowd, some owd faces & some new.

Our 'yoof' are a joke, not shirters as previously mentioned, they like to wear the gear, then melt, fair play to the couple of 'em who had a go, I hope you slapped your 'pals' on the way home

C'mon Watford!! I want Hull in the play offs. :thumbsup:

• Site Supporter

Great point, keeps it in our own hands. Played very well 1st half, well worked goal but defended way too deep in the 2nd. If only Pratley had scored in the first half or taken the keepers head off late on. If only Davies had found the top corner near the end.

Vela looks tidy for me without being spectacular. I think he could benefit from a few months on loan next season but honestly believe he could make it. Thought it would have been this season but for injury.

The whites are going up

• Moderators

Maybe that could be because our central midfielders muffled their creativity in there, so that had to go wide? Vela could have been a big part of that?

Nah, they set up with 2 wingers, we couldn't cope. They lacked any quality though.

• Site Supporter

Nope, I'm not there yet, I'd not have gone even if we stayed in the Prem, I still think we should have got Automatic promotion with these players, anything but promotion is a failure for me, though if we had DF all season, then we'd already be up, problem is, we'll be a lot weaker next season I would have thought, this season is our chance to go back up without losing our talent.

Is that the same "talent" that took us down?

• Moderators

Oh, one last thing, the PA bloke wheeled out their team from 1959 or something. The team that got them into the top division of BRITISH football. No pal, English. Scotland and NI have their own leagues. As do you...

Lee wasn't really,he was very sloppy near their box which could have cost us, but he played okay, some nice turns and passes, but nowt superb, there Korean was better, Medo was class and Eagles played well though.

..And Mark Davies is a tremendous player, Vela looks avewrage, can pass sideways when under no pressure, but what else?

Were you there Walter?

Oh, one last thing, the PA bloke wheeled out their team from 1959 or something. The team that got them into the top division of BRITISH football. No pal, English. Scotland and NI have their own leagues. As do you...

Are you suggesting that the Scottish or NI 1st division is better than the English one? !

Guest Blixa

..And Mark Davies is a tremendous player, Vela looks avewrage, can pass sideways when under no pressure, but what else?

Ray Wilkins made millions and an England career out of doing just that.