Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burnley 1 Bolton 1

globaldiver

Need to go 2 up front against these. We want to take the game to them.

We can take the game to them by having just one up front and then Eagles or Pratley playing just behind the striker.

Besides, I'd much rather take a point and us looking solid than lose narrowly by going gung-ho.

Got a feeling we'll lose this 0-2.  Really hope I'm wrong.

We can take the game to them by having just one up front and then Eagles or Pratley playing just behind the striker.

Besides, I'd much rather take a point and us looking solid than lose narrowly by going gung-ho.

Got a feeling we'll lose this 0-2. Really hope I'm wrong.

I think the talisman or Pratley don't quite make up the shortfall which was fairly evident Friday (yes I know it was a friendly) Sordell looked completely alone at times. Ngog will be fit according to Dooogie.

I think the talisman or Pratley don't quite make up the shortfall which was fairly evident Friday (yes I know it was a friendly) Sordell looked completely alone at times. Ngog will be fit according to Dooogie.

Hope you're right mate.

I just worry that we're too weak in midfield and at the back to ony have four midfielders.  We often looked that way last season and that was with Spearing and Dawson.  I'd say we're now considerably weaker.

Hope you're right mate.

I just worry that we're too weak in midfield and at the back to ony have four midfielders. We often looked that way last season and that was with Spearing and Dawson. I'd say we're now considerably weaker.

Can't disagree with any of that and the champ manager in me says we must go attack them as I think we will get found out defensively if we don't score early.

We look far more solid in 442 because we can actually keep the ball in that formation.

Also, I'd hope freedman would have learnt from last season that eagles behind the striker doesn't work. In theory it should but it doesn't. And it leaves us with no sub wingers and aload of strikers sat down.

With eagles and hall on the wings, pratley and medo in centre and Davies and sordell upfront.

Beckford and lee from the bench.

We look far more solid in 442 because we can actually keep the ball in that formation.

Also, I'd hope freedman would have learnt from last season that eagles behind the striker doesn't work. In theory it should but it doesn't. And it leaves us with no sub wingers and aload of strikers sat down.

With eagles and hall on the wings, pratley and medo in centre and Davies and sordell upfront.

Beckford and lee from the bench.

I don't mind 451 away from home, although I would prefer 2 up against burnley.

I hope people don't use Betis as an example of why not to use 451. Betis were always going to have a lot of possession.

I do think under Freedman we are better with 2 up, especially with 2 solid CMs.

Hope you're right mate.

I just worry that we're too weak in midfield and at the back to ony have four midfielders.  We often looked that way last season and that was with Spearing and Dawson.  I'd say we're now considerably weaker.

My worry too. Plus I'm waiting to see a major improvement in teamwork.

2-0 Burnley.

Better form as the autumn wears on.