Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Domestic Chores You Are Shit At

Smiley

1. Ironing (tried once, never again, traumatic)

2. Mopping floors (proven on Saturday with a piss-poor effort).

3. Gardening in any way, shape or form. Does nothing for me.

And also various DIY stuff that I was happy to tackle 10-15 years back but now leave to the professionals.**

**Matches were actually invented, not to light fires with, but to partially plug drill holes that are too big for the actual screws or wall plugs.... FACT!

Edited by Smiley

I wouldn't say I'm particularly bad at any household chores, it's just that I lack the ability to spot when they need doing.

My girlfriend can look at a room which I would consider neat and well presented and then spend the next half hour continuing to clean it. We just have differing filth thresholds.

Ironing. I do my bit for British industry and send out. Though I did our lad's shirt last night as a favour, fuck knows why I bothered as on his inspection apparently it was shit!

Cleaning kitchen floors. You'd think being nearer to it I'd be good but no. Smears everywhere.

Weirdly, as I get older, I can't sit in a house with mess in it and with three kids that's difficult. I end up just following them around tidying rather than actually just enjoying playing games with them!

Ironing I find really calming, if I'm really stressed, doing the ironing will sort me out. Same with washing up, cannot leave it in the sink and I can't leave the house without the bed being made. I constantly seem to mop and sweep floors. Even now I know my bathroom is waiting for me when I get home and I know it'll be the first thing I do when I get home. Rather do that then make tea.

I guess my worst is whilst i like a tidy, minimal house, i'm really good at 'in the drawer' tidying ie shove it in a cupboard, shut it and then all is well with the world until I need to find that bit of paper again. Also, how irritating for your partner to put something down only to have it moved away before you've never had chance to read it.

Having said that she's not had to iron for three months. Saddest thing is when everything is sorted - you know really sorted with fresh flowers in each room sort of thing, even then I just like walking round enjoying the tidiness! She cleaned the fridge yesterday and its the happiness I was all weekend!

I'm a feckin' nightmare to live with.

When he says he lives in a garage, does he mean, a converted garage or, a proper garage complete with tins of turps on the shelf, an old bike in the corner and a flymo tethered to the wall.

When I went around a couple of years back I only saw a garage in the latter form

• Members

When he says he lives in a garage, does he mean, a converted garage or, a proper garage complete with tins of turps on the shelf, an old bike in the corner and a flymo tethered to the wall.

When I went around a couple of years back I only saw a garage in the latter form

He sleeps in a dog bed in the corner of a proper garage, old tins of paint, toolboxes, etc littered around him.

(he doesn't of course, but the truth is far less amusing :D)

• Members

Not so much shit at ironing but can't be arsed. I'm not one of these who can do a huge pile then put it neatly away. Things get ironed when required

And putting a duvet cover on, I either get it right first time or completely fuck it up, which given it looks so simple takes some doing