Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Was down there for the 4 nations fans I spoke to said the lease is nearly up and going to play at the Coventry rugby union club which hAs 1stand that holds 3000 owners not bothered,. Don't know if it's true or not

There was talk if em building a new stadium in the hilariously named Butts area of the city in conjunction with the rugby club.

The stadium is now owned by Wasps Rugby Union.

When it was being built they were needing 20k attendance each game to make it viable.

The fans seemed very confident that would be fine.

I still find that stat they haven't finished in the top 6 for how many years....... If you were born after 87 it must of been very dull supporting them

Wouldn't say dull as such given their relegation scraps in the 90's. Think we have to be thankful that we made our ground move while on an upward curve. Dread to think what it would have been like had we moved on the back of several poor seasons.

Wouldn't say dull as such given their relegation scraps in the 90's. Think we have to be thankful that we made our ground move while on an upward curve. Dread to think what it would have been like had we moved on the back of several poor seasons.

Not one good league season in 40 years? Id call that dull

• Moderators

I was at The Ricoh a few weeks ago for an exhibition. Very little mention if Coventry City there, loads of Wasps stuff though. I'd imagine Wasps will be very happy to get rid of the football team

was going to say surely a shit coventry team get better attendances that wasps

then googled it

seems not

Coventry had 8k on last night, whilst last season wasps averaged just under 17k