Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone seen this vid of the Arsenal players ignoring the young lass?

Seen it, they signed her shirt but other than that no interaction with her. What’s wrong we these footballers today, they think they’re to cool for school, just come across as cunts. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's been going on a long time, none of it makes it right though.

My point was about State ownership though.

Again, if it was all about sports washing why choose City and upset 2BN “fans” worldwide.

Buy Utd PLC in first place.

These people have egos like all other rich buggers and wanted to show off their wealth

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You make many assumptions and on the odd occasion get one right.

Were you at Aintree on Saturday or have you been lurking in Sheffield for a few days with an orange powder filled condom up your clacker?

The Aintree mob missed the thousands of chicken farms, just down the road, that are turning the River Wye into a dead zone. Couldn't resist a laugh at the snooker. 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Anyone seen this vid of the Arsenal players ignoring the young lass?

I saw it last night.  On first watch it looks awful, but playing devil's advocate here, on second watch it looks heavily edited so you don't see a lot of them initially approaching where plenty of them could have said hi to her.

I certainly hope it is the editing that has made it look as bad as it appeared.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I saw it last night.  On first watch it looks awful, but playing devil's advocate here, on second watch it looks heavily edited so you don't see a lot of them initially approaching where plenty of them could have said hi to her.

I certainly hope it is the editing that has made it look as bad as it appeared.

It was posted by the official Arsenal twitter account...

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not looked at it. Seen various comments, and some suggest Arsenal themselves have poorly edited the video.

Not arsed, a bit of a nothing story.

Not worth getting worked up about something which will end up on Ebay.

• Members
20 hours ago, green genie said:

Hang on, the Moore’s pools money then Utd floating on stock exchange had already stopped the hopes of a genius like Clough upsetting the G14 monopoly. 
English football would look no different to Old Firm dominance in foreign investment into Chelsea, City and now Newcastle wasn’t breaking the monopoly 

Can't argue with much of that. Those red bastards down the road where instrumental is sending football down the money path, of that there is no doubt.

Living where I do and also being a fan of the NFL, I do see sense in salary caps and draft systems in terms of ensuring the glory gets spread around though...........and I would still rather watch a hard fought match in the National League or lower rather than massively overpaid prima donna's in the Premier League feigning injury when their alice band gets knocked out or their nob bob becomes a pony tail.

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Perpetually calm me matey. No cannabinoids necessary either.

Did you see any of the Napoli v Milan game @bolty58

Only saw the last 15 after ours and Kvaradona missed (seems a bit unfair as it was a good save) his pen. 

Milan v Inter could be great but I can still see Inter blowing up at home to Benfica tonight.

12 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Footy taking its news angle techniques from the political class now. 

Look at this relatively minor story over here designed to get you riled up and clicking furiously on our links rather than any sort of story with actual content.

Dunno mate, it was a clip released by the club on twitter cant blame people for thinking the players simply couldve said hello or a bit more than they did. It looked terrible, no matter how much of a good day she had.

My lads met all players last week, it was fantastic. Dion Charles not wanting to talk and being dismissive gutted them. If I'd have videod just that bit there would've been similar outrage amongst our circles. He wasnt being a cunt, hes clearly just not into chatting or speaking in general.

• Members
3 hours ago, tomski said:

Did you see any of the Napoli v Milan game @bolty58

Only saw the last 15 after ours and Kvaradona missed (seems a bit unfair as it was a good save) his pen. 

Milan v Inter could be great but I can still see Inter blowing up at home to Benfica tonight.

Watched the whole game mate. You have to dip your lid to Milan. Under the cosh for much of the game but defensively very solid. Kvaradona probably had half a dozen chances but was very wayward. Milan shut Osimhen out extremely well until time added on. Napoli had all of the play but, as we all know, the only stat that matters is the scoresheet.

Even if Inter did blow it (which I doubt but really hope they do - always had a soft spot for Benfica from the days of Eusebio) I can't see anyone stopping Milan reaching the final now. They have won it more times than anyone other than Madrid. Milan v Benfica would be more likely to present us with two attractive games whereas a Milan derby semi may well be a slugfest/borefest.

I still think the winner of the City v Real Madrid game will lift the trophy and will be having a bet on it once the final two are known. Presumptuous I know as City aren't there yet. I just can't see Bayern keeping a clean sheet so for me the tie is effectively over. Egg on face moment potentially?

Madrid are just an extraordinary winning machine when it comes to the European Cup/Champions League. It's become a far too well used adage but this competition is truly in their DNA.

• Members
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Would have loved Napoli to go all the way, Milan’s defence was incredible. Though I think it could have turned if they’d put the penalty away.

Agreed. I was surprised when the Georgian stepped up. Osimhen and Di Lorenzo must have bottled it.