Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 minute ago, Electric Gretar said:

Geordies are rampant. 3 0 up inside ten minutes.

4th v 5th. Both with pretensions. 

Anyone can have a bad day at the office, but Spurs players are such spiritless wankers. I hope Toon keep their foot on their necks and make it 7 or 8.

Spurs have always been a fraud club.  Delusions of grandeur and their belief that they should be in a European super league when they've won nowt and done nowt of any consequence since the 80s/early 90s is laughable. I hope the Toon get 10. 

16 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Spurs have always been a fraud club.  Delusions of grandeur and their belief that they should be in a European super league when they've won nowt and done nowt of any consequence since the 80s/early 90s is laughable. I hope the Toon get 10. 

Tottenham is historically  a bigger football club than Newcastle of course, the likes of Gascoigne and Waddle moving there to play on a bigger stage.

But then Saudi Arabia bought Newcastle 18 months ago and they suddenly have more money than Liverpool and Arsenal let alone Tottenham

16 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Tottenham is historically  a bigger football club than Newcastle of course, the likes of Gascoigne and Waddle moving there to play on a bigger stage.

But then Saudi Arabia bought Newcastle 18 months ago and they suddenly have more money than Liverpool and Arsenal let alone Tottenham

Pre Saudi money, Newcastle were  nearer to winning the PL than Spurs ever were. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Pre Saudi money, Newcastle were  nearer to winning the PL than Spurs ever were. 

Not sure about that. The Keegan "would love it" season apart, Spurs have been more regularly in European positions than the geordies.

Had they got behind Poch a bit more who knows what they might have achieved.

Ok, in the end neither have managed to have properly challenged for a title, but Spurs have been more consistent.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure about that. The Keegan "would love it" season apart, Spurs have been more regularly in European positions than the geordies.

Ok, in the end neither have managed to have properly challenged for a title, but Spurs have been more consistent.

Have Spurs ever finished 2nd? Toon were still in it on the last day that season when Utd and all their dodgy meat funding overtook em.  The only year I ever remember Spurs being mentioned as possible contenders they finished 4th! 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

Have Spurs ever finished 2nd? Toon were still in it on the last day that season when Utd and all their dodgy meat funding overtook em.  The only year I ever remember Spurs being mentioned as possible contenders they finished 4th! 

That is what I said (keegan), however go back properly (game existed before prem) and spurs have been far more successful.

Not sure how nearly winning the league once somehow trumps regularly finishing in european positions, and historically being far more successful in terms of silverware.

6 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Didn't they have a epic meltdown and throw it away the year Leicester won?

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spurs had one more top 4 finish (7) than Newcastle (6) 

That's assuming Newcastle finish top 4 this season 

Spurs had a few more top 6 finishes 

And been the better over recent seasons 

Will probably all change now 

Probably a debate best left to Geordie and spurs fans 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That is what I said (keegan), however go back properly (game existed before prem) and spurs have been far more successful.

Not sure how nearly winning the league once somehow trumps regularly finishing in european positions, and historically being far more successful in terms of silverware.

Spurs have never been out of the top flight since we went up with them in 1978!