Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't think we hear to much from Sharon generally. Certainly not with regard to on-pitch performances.

She sees her role as 'setting the tone'. 

She has more football knowledgeable staff like Markham for that side of stuff.

She's said before that promotion would mean her seeking more finance & if a buyer She felt suitable came along she'd happily deal with them.  I like that she'd have a view of their acceptability. Money talks however, in the end.

She's helped make us an attractive proposition again.

In my dream, though it rarely works like this, new people would be wise to keep her as Chair.

She could leave tomorrow though and I'd view her as one of the greats of this club.

On 06/10/2023 at 12:50, Dr. Feelgood said:

She sees her role as 'setting the tone'. 

She has more football knowledgeable staff like Markham for that side of stuff.

She's said before that promotion would mean her seeking more finance & if a buyer She felt suitable came along she'd happily deal with them.  I like that she'd have a view of their acceptability. Money talks however, in the end.

She's helped make us an attractive proposition again.

In my dream, though it rarely works like this, new people would be wise to keep her as Chair.

She could leave tomorrow though and I'd view her as one of the greats of this club.

This.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Said on the radio that it was a bad un. Ambulance waiting in the corner whilst they treated him on the pitch. 

Wish him all the best.

Seen the video bottom of leg just above the ankle  90 degrees from where it should be

7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Absolutely underlined the need for VAR that. Ridiculous penalty.

But VAR ruins the moment.  I'll go with just getting some dodgy decisions for and against, especially as VAR gets so much wrong because its still down to interpretation.  Carlisle's pens today would have gone to VAR, 5 minutes later would we still agree with the decisions?  Careful what you wish for.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Don't know what's the most surprising.... Bellingham looking like he's been the main man at Real for years or a bloke who couldn't get in Stokes team playing alongside him. 

Joselu is a bit of a random one 

Did fuck all at Newcastle either

Then at 32 has a 1 in 2 season at Espanol and finds himself winning his first Spanish cap and getting a loan move to Real and can't stop scoring 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, 1969 said:

Seen the video bottom of leg just above the ankle  90 degrees from where it should be

Just watched it on MOTD. When he went down, all the Fulham fans…

”Hooray!”

Which immediately changed to ”Oooh” once the realised his leg shouldn’t have a bendy bit there.

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But VAR ruins the moment.  I'll go with just getting some dodgy decisions for and against, especially as VAR gets so much wrong because its still down to interpretation. 

VAR was introduced to stop 'clear & obvious' errors. Instead it's used to over-assess every fckg thing.

If it takes a dozen camera angles, slow motion & freeze frame, computerised lines and several minutes as they consider whether a toe or fingernail was most forward then it isn't 'clear & obvious'.

Even then there are still disputes and errors.

It should be scrapped, or at the minimum reset for what it was intended.

5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

VAR was introduced to stop 'clear & obvious' errors. Instead it's used to over-assess every fckg thing.

If it takes a dozen camera angles, slow motion & freeze frame, computerised lines and several minutes as they consider whether a toe or fingernail was most forward then it isn't 'clear & obvious'.

Even then there are still disputes and errors.

It should be scrapped, or at the minimum reset for what it was intended.

Said at the time I wasn't in favour of it purely from watching the NFL/College ball They have the option to say yes the ref was correct (upheld), no they were wrong (overturned) or no idea we'll go with what the ref said (decision stands). And they can still spend 10 minutes analysing the footage and come up with a ropey decision.

Personally I'm happy to accept that referees are human and mistakes will happen. Too many, by any one person, & they get binned.

The fckg smug bastards in TV studios are responsible for this. Many years ago they began abusing the technology uniquely available to them & castigating refs who they proved, via that, had made a hairline decision. Now those fckrs have the gall to criticise the outcome.

As for POGMOL they should just fckg fck off & keep fckg off till they return all the way back to where they started ... & then should restart fckg off.

(Here are a few 'u's for those missing them. uuuuu).