Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Honestly can’t think of anything worse than playing Blackpool in the semi. 

They've been nowhere near top 6 all season, and here we fucking go.

Everyone else falling over themselves and these twats scabbing 1-0 wins every week. 😡

9 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I don't think us playing Blackpool in the play offs would be good for you at all, on a physical, human or spiritual level 😂

:D

End up with bouts of PTSD like Vietnam War Veteran 

Rocking back and forth in a padded cell with Bolton get battered everywhere they go ringing through my ears.

Edited by gonzo

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Honestly can’t think of anything worse than playing Blackpool in the semi. 

Those who say Evatt is the next Phil Neal will remember Neal beat Blackpool over two legs to reach Wembley and also lost a big cup tie against Barnsley

Leicester WBA has been unbelievable so far. Leics got a scrappy lead, Vardy dived for a pen and hit the post with it but the Baggies should have scored 7 or 8. Unbelievable misses from 6 yards but there was one bit when Chowdry blocked a shot on the line with the goalie beaten and the follow up hit the goalie, it loops towards the top bins and Chowdry managed to head it over from underneath the bar. How Leics are leading is impossible to comprehend - it's been like our sitters showreel.

And Vardy nicks a second on a rare Leics break.

Just watching QPR v Preston.

2 sides we should be finishing above next season, and looking at the quality on show i don't think we have owt to fear there like.

Noted that the walk out anthem was good though, London calling by the Clash. Nice touch.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

KDM MOTM apparently made more tackles than Jermaine Jenas has ever seen him make. 

According to the stats he has made 1 tackle. 

I'm not convinced about some of these stats.

Does a tackle mean a successful challenge, or any half-arsed dangled leg, or something in between?

I think his point was fair in that KDB perhaps played a slightly different game; getting stuck in and involved with the physicals, rather than total craft which we often associate with him.

5 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Just watching QPR v Preston.

2 sides we should be finishing above next season, and looking at the quality on show i don't think we have owt to fear there like.

Just one slight problem with this.