Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Norwich 2

gonzo

Alarmingly that was the have's V the have nots:

Their team are virtually prem players on prem wages. We cannot compete. How we can turn it around to compete with top half teams next year is beyond me.

Yes I realise they only won with a late goal, but apart from last 20 mins of 1st half we were bossed.

Thought we held our own, but in quite a restrictive way. We didn't create much and really played a spoiling game for most of the second half.

To progress next season we need to be good enough to beat sides like that at home that's the gap we have to bridge.

He said we don't have the sort of strikers they have but we still matched them.

And went on to say Lennon can get the odd player in on a free to do a job but to have a squad capable of challenging needs to be able to spend some serious money.

His point was that we need quality and won't get it without cash. It was when he was talking about the potential investment.

Highlights were Bannan in the first half and young Tom's delivery which was class 90% of the time. Gave a lovely balance on that side of the pitch - reminds me of Adam Johnson when he first came on the scene with City.

Actually thought 3 at the back looked really comfortable for the most part - Feeney is not a wing back, Olssen was in acres if he'd only been picked out more often.

Also - Cameron Jerome is a gobshite for giving it the 'loadsamoney' hand gestures to the ESL 2nd half. What kind of bellend does that seriously?

I'm sure Dervite could have made an effort to clear the winner off the line.

And did anybody else think the Reebok literally smelt of horseshit today?

Alarmingly that was the have's V the have nots:

Their team are virtually prem players on prem wages. We cannot compete. How we can turn it around to compete with top half teams next year is beyond me.

Yes I realise they only won with a late goal, but apart from last 20 mins of 1st half we were bossed.

I thought we competed!

• Site Supporter

Thought we did ok but their subs told the story, they are a decent championship team. Still, Norwich is a long away day so good riddance to them if they do go up.

I'm just annoyed at a typical goal we gave away - long punt over the centre half. Surely should be easy to deal with

Unfortunately pre match prediction that it would be like the Watford game was accurate. But only made because both these teams just have too much quality for us at the moment, Norwich brought on two multi million pound strikers as subs who can both score for fun at this level, we haven't had anything similar for a long time. But was still encouraged, thought we played well agains one of the best sides in the division and saw signs of hope, still nowhere near as depressed as before Lennon. COYW

Moxey deserves a mention for hoodwinking the club into believing he's good enough.

He's catpiss

Moxey must be one of the worst ever signings; followed by Feeney

Good to Forest bucking up now DF has had time to make the changes though; lets hope he takes these fucking donkeys off us at the end of the season

Don't know if you went but for your comments I'd say no, we were more than a match for them some brilliant performances from our lads who all worked their socks off.

Didn't go, saw on stream.

They were on top for the majority of the game and deserved to win.

I thought that, so did my son and so did Dowie who was reporting for SS.

I thought we competed well, considering what our resources were and theirs. Looked like a long afternoon first 15 but after our goal was more even, and second half they only started to dominate last 15 when they'd thrown all the artillery on and a few of our lighterweights started to fade (thought Lenny might have had Danns on a bit sooner)

Looked like we were going to get a deserved point I hadn't expected before kick off, so galling again to toss it in that manner. The thing with all the late goals conceded is hardly any have been the result of us caving in under a load of late pressure on our box, the majority have been when there's not really been any danger and we've switched off from a throw in or kick down the pitch from their end. No doubt some of it's a mentality thing, as I think Lenny's alluded to, but I wonder of it's also something that will be corrected next season with a different pre-season and fitness regime from the off; if you're physically up to the rigours of the Division, you'll be more likely to be mentally up to seeing games out.

Although we got away with murder in defence at times, especially on the right side where Feeney and Dervite were (they played on it most of the game), still some real positives and plenty to enjoy, young Walker mostly did really well till he faded, Bannan was excellent again and Heskey / LeFondre were a handful for their supposedly Premier League defence.

Moxey must be one of the worst ever signings; followed by Feeney

Good to Forest bucking up now DF has had time to make the changes though; lets hope he takes these fucking donkeys off us at the end of the season

I'm pretty sure a couple of posters on here defended Moxey when I had a pop a while back and said Lennon didn't rate him. Maybe I should name & shame them? 

Edited by Blondi

I want Moxey to be decent just because we've not had a decent left back since fuck knows when and I thought he did well second half some good blocks but I just can't see him being a regular in a Lenny team and I'm afraid rightly so just looks like he's playing a level too high for him never looks comfortable

I came away disappointed with the winning goal but feeling quite positive for next season .Fenney was very poor but was on his own on the left and the game seemed to pass Eidur bye a bit, but thought the rest of them competed well. Bannan was outstanding first half, ref was shocking again.