Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

If ALF goes to Wolves I think I will cry

Can't say I'm all that bothered. He's not coming here as Cardiff only want a sale.

I think we need someone who Zach can play off. We have Madine and possibly Emile but need another target man type.

• Site Supporter

If we can't afford ALF and evidently we can't, we have to move forward and quickly. we have spent the past 2 close seasons fannying about chasing dawson and juke who we also couldn't afford/never going to get and left ourselves short on time chasing players we could bring in

• Moderators

For the shirt/scarf/stadium crowd:

11229703_1001327906574220_39687376808822

not good enough

want to see him running on the pitch in the shirt in a league game

sylvain distin travelled with the team and sat in the stands when we beat Leicester 5-0

then joined newcastle

and let's not forget Dietmar Hamman

has Derik been to McDonald's on Middlebrook yet?

Can't say I'm all that bothered. He's not coming here as Cardiff only want a sale.

I think we need someone who Zach can play off. We have Madine and possibly Emile but need another target man type.

I'm not convinced that with that we have goals anywhere in us

We need a decent spine which includes a goalscorer 

ALF's goals + a guarantee if being less porous = serious results

If we can't afford him we can't afford him, but (and I'm asking as I don;t know) is Cardiff's position with ALF not similar to ours with Baptiste? Ergo they will release him for a low fee to get his wages off the bill as he isn't in future plans and has another year on contract?

If we can't afford him we can't afford him, but (and I'm asking as I don;t know) is Cardiff's position with ALF not similar to ours with Baptiste? Ergo they will release him for a low fee to get his wages off the bill as he isn't in future plans and has another year on contract?

Not if Wolves are willing to pay a million quid.....

I agree about goals, and when I say a target man, I just mean someone capable of playing up top on his own. I think our chances this season mainly revolve around Zach Clough playing off a striker and as you say being more solid. Would be great to get a regular goalscoring striker in there but I think that given our ridiculously tight financial constraints we'd do well to find someone up there who can hold the ball, score say 10-12 a season and run the channels when needed. That might be Madine but I think we need 2 and Heskey doesn't count.

Not if Wolves are willing to pay a million quid.....

I agree about goals, and when I say a target man, I just mean someone capable of playing up top on his own. I think our chances this season mainly revolve around Zach Clough playing off a striker and as you say being more solid. Would be great to get a regular goalscoring striker in there but I think that given our ridiculously tight financial constraints we'd do well to find someone up there who can hold the ball, score say 10-12 a season and run the channels when needed. That might be Madine but I think we need 2 and Heskey doesn't count.

If Wolves are, then yes, point conceded for sure.

Don't think we can afford a goalscoring target man and I also don't think they go for another "like Madine"

I don't want us to rely too much on Clough; I keep repeating this but he's only shown a pocket of success....we need others to take responsibility. With our luck he'll become injury prone too! 

We'll see. 

I guess I just really, really like ALF!

The Nolan to Bolton not going away been reported on sky sports this morning still can't see anyway this can be funded.

A straight swap for Clough?

• Moderators

think the difference would be that Cardiff paid a fee for him, dunno how much, but he's got 2 years left and right now, if you were them you'd hold probably out for a fee in July

Cardiff probably aren't as skint as us, so not as desperate

if he's gone nowhere later on in the season, a loan may be possible

like you, I like him, so I just hope it happens for us