Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

we're a bit limited on who we can realistically move on - dervite, Wilson, Amos? Club might have tough decision re clough to get balance where Parky wants it

That's the sad bit, he might be "sacrificed" to ensure that we can keep paying those less talented and influential  

Yea ideally you'd want a fit clough for a sold mavies - depends whether club want to look long or short term

100% agree  -  sadly, as we know, it's unlikely that anybody is going to come in for Mavies (and maybe just as unlikely that Clough will stay fit)

We have to remember that £1M is pretty much equivalent to 4 or 5 home gate receipts, and I would imagine that is what the club have to look at in the short term, as we're still hardly flushed with cash, and are probably losing money each and every week.

Books have to be balanced, and sadly that generally means selling off your better players.......buying clubs know full well our financial predicament, and so can get away with offering what we may deem as a low amount, unless another club is interested and we get some sort of bidding war.

Unfortunately, as was demonstrated with Holding, nobody else seemed to want him, so he went for a rock bottom price

• Site Supporter

I'm not sure we do need to sell Clough etc this season. KA got takeover approval by showing we had sufficient funds for the rest of last season and this. That must include the worse case scenario of not offloading the likes of Mark Davies. Come the end of the season, other high wage players will leave (or do a wheater) and that will help.

This time next year I suppose we'll know better where we stand.

I'm not sure we do need to sell Clough etc this season. KA got takeover approval by showing we had sufficient funds for the rest of last season and this.

Indeed, and that must involve dipping into either his own money or money borrowed - he may choose to cash in an asset and reduce how much he has to borrow or invest from his own pocket. It depends on if KA is in it for the long term or for a fairly quick profit.

I really do hope that we keep Clough, and that he can stay fit.

In terms of "outs" being required before "Ins" - Parkinson is on record as saying he wants a centre back. So you'd imagine active efforts are being made to get rid of Derik or Dervite. We don't need five central defenders - especially given PP said in the Bolton News today that Buxton can play there.

Tom Walker needs to go out on loan somewhere.

Connor Wilkinson has not been by any means been a washout in his two recent substitute appearances but you'd imagine he might get loaned out.

Then there's Ben Amos. If we offload him that'd be a big wage gone and we could get another keeper in for less than half the wages, freeing up funds towards the incomings we still need.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Derik & Dervite go tbh, Dervite is struggling with injury, so we're probably stuck with him until January at best. Derik is probably too lightweight as a central defender and he's not going to shift Spearing in the defensive mid position, providing we don't flog Spearing.

I get the impression with PP, he's more likely to sign battle hardened British players that can get stuck in and know the lower leagues, Dervite & Derik don't fit into that category.

• Moderators

I like clough and hope he stays

fcuk me, dont you know its the done thing to knock the lad

he might never be owt for all sorts of reasons, but theres a chance, just a chance hes fcuking special

lots to prove but id like to watch him do it