Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dom Republic

embankment

It's the worst place I've ever been, it island is full of mithering peasants who try to sell you tat all day

It's not safe and the drugs are shite

They speak spanish and if you are unfortunate enough to be in a hotel with Spanish tourists, the ignorant twats shout over you at the bar in their native language. If you are all inclusive you are more than likely to get beer in a small plastic cup which is not civilised at all. The food is shite and I couldn't wait to get away from the place

• Moderators

It's the worst place I've ever been, it island is full of mithering peasants who try to sell you tat all day

They speak spanish and if you are unfortunate enough to be in a hotel with Spanish tourists, the ignorant twats shout over you at the bar in their native language. If you are all inclusive you are more than likely to get beer in a small plastic cup which is not civilised at all. The food is shite and I couldn't wait to get away from the place

review bought to you by tripadvisor

We went to Boca Chica for our honeymoon back in 96 and I have to say, it was the worst holiday we've ever had. We were both ill and the food was awful, the drinks were watered down and the complex was full of obnoxious Puerto Ricans.

We were advised to venture out of the complex by our rep, big mistake, it was highly intimidating and it was just a shit hole anyway.

Edited by Blondi

You didn't get food poisoning?

You stole my honeymoon review of the place from 1998?

It's a fucking horrible sweaty peasant filled miserable hovel. Well, the south side was. Was told not to leave the hotel without staff or guide as it wasn't safe but fuck that, I've been to Featherstone you know, got bored one day so wandered out into a shanty shit hole and ordered a beer. Or two...

Bride not happy when she fund out. Sort of set a scene for the next ten years ????

So hotels might be OK but the place was fucking grim.

• Site Supporter

You stole my honeymoon review of the place from 1998?

It's a fucking horrible sweaty peasant filled miserable hovel. Well, the south side was. Was told not to leave the hotel without staff or guide as it wasn't safe but fuck that, I've been to Featherstone you know, got bored one day so wandered out into a shanty shit hole and ordered a beer. Or two...

Bride not happy when she fund out. Sort of set a scene for the next ten years

So hotels might be OK but the place was fucking grim.

My honeymoon review too circa 1997

Jesus lads

He's just booked a fucking holiday

It's going to be better than toromolinos that's for sure

I've not been to Dom but have visited Jamaica twice and loved it - they say the same about that place

You'll enjoy it I'm sure

He won't. He should cancel and go to Toromolinos instead.

Did the Iberostar Bavaro Beach many years ago. The 4 hour transfer was a killer. But hotel was superb. We had branded alcohol. Beach was pure white sand. Didn't bother to venture out as it looked a right dump. But if you are there to chill out & get pissed - can't fault it. Piña colada's served in pineapples, coco locos served in coconuts.