Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prince

Cheese

Have they? Or is it just because we are getting to the point where so many people are considered famous that it seems that it's every other day an icon leaves us? Don't get me wrong some of the celebrity deadpool candidates this year have been unbelievable and gut wrenching in a lot of cases but is it getting to the point where it might be an every week/day occurrence?

Lemmy,Bowie,Prince,Alan Rickman,Victoria Wood are harldy "B Listers" though are they?

Any more for anymore?

Lemmy,Bowie,Prince,Alan Rickman,Victoria Wood are harldy "B Listers" though are they?

Any more for anymore?

Ronnie Corbett, Terry Wogan, George Martin, Keith Emerson, Garry Shandling, Paul Daniels, plus a shit load more.

Kinell, that's a football team full of celebs croaked this year + it's only mid April.

I feel a conspiracy theory coming on.

Mega in Minneapolis. Massive in Minnesota. Big in the US. But just another international artist for the rest of the world. For me all this outpouring of grief is OTT. 4, maybe 5 songs of Prince's I can name. On the Richter scale Prince's death doesn't even come close to David Bowies, and he's getting nearly the same coverage. And before you ask, I am not a big Bowie fan. Prince is Americas version of Noel Gallagher. There, I've said it.

• Site Supporter

Mega in Minneapolis. Massive in Minnesota. Big in the US. But just another international artist for the rest of the world. For me all this outpouring of grief is OTT. 4, maybe 5 songs of Prince's I can name. On the Richter scale Prince's death doesn't even come close to David Bowies, and he's getting nearly the same coverage. And before you ask, I am not a big Bowie fan. Prince is Americas version of Noel Gallagher. There, I've said it.

Well done you. You could have just said nothing.

Not an icon then?

• Site Supporter

I'm not saying he's rubbish. Im just that I am not impressed. Just like millions.

A lot of people didn't find Victoria Wood funny as well, and publically expressed it on the day of her death. I don't understand this mindset.

Somebody mentioned Prince's protegy project Vanity 6 - their song being in the stripclub scene in Beverly Hills Cop...Anyhow, Vanity used to make me want to have a wank before I knew how to, wirhout googling I knew she became a crackhead, then got clean and found Jesus and thus refused to accept any Royalties from her music as it was 'immoral'...Saddened to hear she'd died too, did a Google image search for a last gawp at her in her prime - I made the mistake of accidentally misspelling her name adding an extra 'i'...Bad move :(

• Site Supporter

Opinions, eh! Best kept to ourselves.

In the immediate aftermath of their death, probably yes. It's called dignity. I could understand if it was someone who caused misery and despair.

• Site Supporter

I wouldn't say I'm devastated, but it's too young for any bloke to go. He was seriously talented.

Now, if, say, Eddie Vedder or Dave Grohl had been potted, I would be inconsolable for a bit.

I can kinda see where those histrionic yanks are coming from.

Each to their own.

• Moderators

In the immediate aftermath of their death, probably yes. It's called dignity. I could understand if it was someone who caused misery and despair.

hes not said owt bad about prince

just that wall to wall coverage of his death is ott

he was ok, a few songs i liked, but not a grade a musical celeb

if it was sheila e who had gone, thatd be a proper shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FetEcfp8HUc

I wouldn't say I'm devastated, but it's too young for any bloke to go. He was seriously talented.

Now, if, say, Eddie Vedder or Dave Grohl had been potted, I would be inconsolable for a bit.

I can kinda see where those histrionic yanks are coming from.

Each to their own.

Eddie Who?

(I've heard of the other one)