Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Party Leaders.

• Site Supporter

Not a bad bet at all really that

Where did you get the price, might go £10

Is David Milliband still kicking about? He should have got it instead of his brother, he'd have put up a much better fight

Reckon Ed Miliband would have a good chance now...

If last time they changed it were any guide - the leader of the labour party weren't left-wing enough for its members. so unless they de-taxidermy Lenin. Wouldnt even guess.

And Boris for the PM.

This weekend, I've been angry at everyone, London remainers (London Stays protest? Oh fuck off) the Leave Boris brigade, who don't seem to have a clue what's happening.

and angrier that people haven't seen this coming for a very long time. We are a country so split, we make The Jam reunion look likely. The seeds sown a long time ago.

Anyway, now I can direct my anger at those Corbyn supporters who I got roundly slagged off by, told there was no 'middle way' for the party anymore, those who willfully ignored anything outside of metropolitan hubs where he drew support from, ensuring Labour failed to retain any grip on the so-called 'heartlands, under the misappropriated banner of progressives! Those people who are now saying, oh, perhaps we misjudged this....The party has become an un-electable mess., even dye-in the wool Tories recognize that an ineffectual opposition is no good for the country. Especially the moderates.

So bye Corbyn, congratulations for trying to cover your dimness under principle. Sadly, I can't see anyone who can take the party forwards. And, sad to say, the same for the Tories. You though Cameron was right-wing, holy fuck, we are in for some very strange times ahead.

This weekend, I've been angry at everyone, London remainers (London Stays protest? Oh fuck off) the Leave Boris brigade, who don't seem to have a clue what's happening.

and angrier that people haven't seen this coming for a very long time. We are a country so split, we make The Jam reunion look likely. The seeds sown a long time ago.

Anyway, now I can direct my anger at those Corbyn supporters who I got roundly slagged off by, told there was no 'middle way' for the party anymore, those who willfully ignored anything outside of metropolitan hubs where he drew support from, ensuring Labour failed to retain any grip on the so-called 'heartlands, under the misappropriated banner of progressives! Those people who are now saying, oh, perhaps we misjudged this....The party has become an un-electable mess., even dye-in the wool Tories recognize that an ineffectual opposition is no good for the country. Especially the moderates.

So bye Corbyn, congratulations for trying to cover your dimness under principle. Sadly, I can't see anyone who can take the party forwards. And, sad to say, the same for the Tories. You though Cameron was right-wing, holy fuck, we are in for some very strange times ahead.

Ooh look. Crawley was right all along.

;-)

You certainly didn't need to be Gore Vidal to predict this was going to end badly.

No - but then I didn't expect the Labour establishment to hamstring him in the way that they have done. I'm sick of hearing people talking about what an 'honourable man' he is on one hand - while knifing him in the back with the other.

I don't think he's ever really got going - and now never will do. What might have happened had the party backed him and had he had a clear run at it free of this referendum is open to debate. Having said that he has had a shocking campaign EU wise - was never vocal or vociferous enough - (probably because he didn't really believe what in what he was saying) - which negates the reasons why people wanted him as leader in the first place I suppose.

I think he's in an untenable position now.

I do think it's arrogant and patronising when they say "he didn't get the Labour vote out"

Me too. I'm a Labour voter but I was ambivalent throughout - in the end I voted remain because I considered that on balance the possible rewards weren't worth the possible risks.

While I might have listened to JC in the context of the rest of the debate and I think he could have argued the case much more passionately (had he genuinely believed in it) - it's not like people were sat out there eagerly awaiting him to tell them which way to vote.

If one thing is clear from the outcome of the referendum it's that party politics largely went out of the window as far as voting patterns were concerned.

I'm not sure what was expected of Corbyn during the referendum.

He couldn't argue from a financial point as Labour always end up wrecking the economy.

He couldn't say much on immigration as his policy is open doors.

The only thing he could come up with the bull shit about the Brussels giving workers rights and paid holidays when we had these long before the EU.

He did all he could by keeping quiet.

Good that party politics went out the window.

I hope it helps people put some thought into their next vote in an election, get rid of the 'I vote labour coz my dad did' brigade and the staunch tories.

Should be very interesting.