Bloodstock, Tickets and Hotel booked.

Judas Priest

Saxon

Orange Goblin 

Wolf Jaw.

My self , Sputnik Stan , Pinocheo's Dad;

&

Ashburner St Market  Stall.

Bloodstock, that really is the old skool metal fest. 

Oddly was promoting three random nights of Saxon before the pandemic hit. Birmingham was almost sold out but in London was difficult to shift the tickets.

On 18/01/2021 at 21:54, embankment said:

Orange Goblin ,  anyone into these ?

Got tickets hopefully to see them later this year .

Bought tickets because of the support band.

King Creature. ( brilliant band from Cornwall) Saw them 2 years ago with Phil Campbell and The Bastard Sons.

Any way , back to Orange Goblin. Any recommendations of albums . They have never been on my wavelength.  But have quite a big back catalogue. 

OG are great, got into them on the wolf bites back album. Great riffs, bit like Kyruss. Supposed to be great live.

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

My metal joy this year has been the belated discovery of Mastodon - the Crack the Skye album is just brilliant. And I've finally got why people like Tool when they've just passed me by before. Gutted Download is off again this year.

Got Bloodstock tickets.

Also Arch Enemy & Behemoth. 

• Members
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

My metal joy this year has been the belated discovery of Mastodon - the Crack the Skye album is just brilliant. And I've finally got why people like Tool when they've just passed me by before. Gutted Download is off again this year.

Curiosity got me 

I thought huh I wonder what Mastodon sound like

FUCK ME

Dont you ever dare criticise someone’s taste in music again. The nerve. 

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I know I've probably posted this before, but there was a brilliantly funny interview with this lot in the press once. They were trying to come across as a dead hard, talking about how Ordsell was way, way worse than Moss Side. To prove the point they all jumped in a car to show the journalist around their 'manor'.

They ended up getting lost and gave up. Hardly surprising given they grew up on the mean streets of Altrincham and Wilmslow. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I know I've probably posted this before, but there was a brilliantly funny interview with this lot in the press once. They were trying to come across as a dead hard, talking about how Ordsell was way, way worse than Moss Side. To prove the point they all jumped in a car to show the journalist around their 'manor'.

They ended up getting lost and gave up. Hardly surprising given they grew up on the mean streets of Altrincham and Wilmslow. 

As if Doves - or Jimi Goodwin - would try to come across as "dead hard". He's one of the most gentle giants in music. He's softer than Guy Garvey. You're talking out of your arse lad.

Edited by Cheese

• Members
8 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

And that's why you should never contribute on a music thread. 

Too young, too naive, not enough taste.

If you consider that music you need to give your head a shake 

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

As if Doves - or Jimi Goodwin - would try to come across as "dead hard". He's one of the most gentle giants in music. He's softer than Guy Garvey. You're talking out of your arse lad.

Whatever. They were definitely trying to come across as something they ain't.

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Great song that. And I agree, they have always been chilled easy going lads in anything I've ever seen of them. Never done a bad album either, solo stuff included. 

Anyway, the Prins Thomas re-edit is great, and makes for a beltin driving tune. 

• Moderators

Doves at Apollo was a great gig 

Hadn't got into the first album, liked a couple of songs off 2nd but it was the 3rd i liked that they were touring  

But enjoyed it from start to finish including the stuff I didn't know so well, between end and encore had video screens showing them nipping for a quick pint in the pub next door 

Think they're from Northenden

12 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

And that's why you should never contribute on a music thread. 

Too young, too naive, not enough taste.

Oblivion is a belting tune.

Opeth are also briliant for sticking on and listening to. Love band where an entire album is treated as one piece of music

Ordsall was rough as fuck around 1990/91. Longsight was moody too.

I always felt like Moss Side was relatively safe in comparison - the criminal element having bigger fish to fry.

We were acquainted with a lad from Northenden via tape-trading, it always struck me that it took him longer to get into the city centre, having set off same time, as us 'yonners'.

He also used to come out with the most bigoted shit about Longsight, Moss Side etc. yet his supposed best mate was a black lad.

Like I said he was only an acquaintance, he had a big list and that trumped everything back then.

People into music have it easy these days - gear is cheap, music is instant and free as is networking and getting music out or publishing...

Gigs though, we oldies had the last hurrah with those, clubs too imo - the alcohol industry won that war.