Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Moderators

Isn't it a bit weird all this. If Cardiff want him, why wait so long before properly bidding?

They could have had him playing by now.

Anyway if Grabban was their first choice, Madine should stay put.

because they know that KA's arse will be twitching with 24 hours to go and no cash bids coming in

so they can put in a cheap bid, which KA will grab with both hands and use to pay the bills

it's anything but weird

• Site Supporter

because they know that KA's arse will be twitching with 24 hours to go and no cash bids coming in

so they can put in a cheap bid, which KA will grab with both hands and use to pay the bills

it's anything but weird

Maybe, but some one else could have nipped in before them.

I agree on Martin. Would be a good replacement. Few derby fans quoting he is on 28k a week a contract he was given while at Fulham?????

Disagree on the Dutch lad as I think to all of us he must be unknown. He could be perfect. The way we play must be appealing to a fella of his build. Could be a great move or a disaster.

That’s kind of my point though Tomski, he is a complete unknown. He might come in and be brilliant, but he could also be complete shite / need 5-10 games to get to grips with the league. I’d rather be taking someone that you at least know what you’re getting.

In terms of wages £28k is obviously far too high, but say we paid half, £14k for 3 months is around £170k but we’d have lost Madines wage which at a guess would be about half of that so you’re looking at around £80-100k cost (bearing in mind you’d be expecting £3-4m from the Madine sale).

It’s all guesswork and like I say I’m sure Ken has already covered all these possibilities but I’d rather the risk be less if we are to lose Madine.

Apparently in the entire time of Parkys reign, we have never won a match without Madine playing.

Not a clue if that’s true but if we only launch it to one player it will mean they are pivotal to everything we do.

Shame if he goes but we will move on. Maybe better. Maybe worse. No point in folk being so wound up. This Dutch Lad may be shite but equally he may be brilliant.

Kevin davies was classed as shit when he arrived here

• Moderators

Not a clue if that’s true but if we only launch it to one player it will mean they are pivotal to everything we do.

Shame if he goes but we will move on. Maybe better. Maybe worse. No point in folk being so wound up. This Dutch Lad may be shite but equally he may be brilliant.

Kevin davies was classed as shit when he arrived here

and when he left by some idiots

edit 

M.ONG.S

not idiots

Edited by ZicoKelly

I think Parkinson’s managerial form without madine will ensure madine stays.

We have had it in the past where madine has not played for a significant period and we have been utterly woeful.

Anderson was around to see it and will know Parkinson is either too stubborn or incapable of coping without madine.

• Site Supporter

If we do end up getting CYL, I personally think he’d work far better and make more goals for an ALF type striker than Madine.

If we get decent money for Madine, he goes. Sure, we need a replacement but this scenario will have been thought about weeks ago. I trust our management set up to get it right

If we do end up getting CYL, I personally think he’d work far better and make more goals for an ALF type striker than Madine.

If we get decent money for Madine, he goes. Sure, we need a replacement but this scenario will have been thought about weeks ago. I trust our management set up to get it right

The biggest problem to that is our centre backs and centre mids. It’s all well and good having chungy playing in behind ALF, but all 4 of Wheater, Beevers, Henry and Pratley are terrible on the ball hence why it goes long so often. None of them want it, none of them can cope with any kind of pressure and I don’t fancy them actually trying to play football because we will ship goals.

But how will people bring themselves to cheer if we ever score a goal again ????

I like you’re thinking. Maybe relies a bit more on the forward three behind the front man than previously but it works for me.