Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Club Accounts

Horwich

Seems a bit careless losing three finance directors and a firm of auditors in the space of a year.

One was sacked. One left for Stoke and who knows about the other.

The auditors are one of the biggest around and cost and absolute fortune to use.

• Moderators

Seems a bit careless losing three finance directors and a firm of auditors in the space of a year.

Ken doesnt think so

I feel it important meanwhile to clarify our position on the departure of Shaun McHugh who was Head of Finance and the reference to three members of staff in that position as having left in the past 12 months.

The facts are that Anthony Massey, who was in position prior to the takeover, made it clear at the time of Dean and I acquiring the club that he would be resigning.

Anthony stayed on for longer than his period of notice and as far as I am aware, he left on good terms. Indeed, he has been of assistance to us on a number of matters and attended a number of matches last season.

We were all very disappointed when John Pelling left but his reasons for doing so were completely understandable, in that he left to join a Premier League club with the obvious benefits and it also being closer to home.

Again, John left on very good terms and is in regular contact with the club and has helped us out on a number of issues.

As regards to Shaun McHugh, it was our decision not to continue his employment at the end of his probationary period. We all wish Shaun the best in his future employment and are thankful for the work he did whilst with us.

I have made it very clear on a number of occasions that the legacy we inherited was always going to make things very difficult both financially and on the pitch, and that as they say, 'Rome wasn't built in a day'.

But against all expectations, we are making progress and despite all the obstacles along the way, we achieved our main aim of returning to the Championship at our first attempt.

We are still working on improving our finances and are slowly making progress.

Yes, for sure, there will be problems along the way and the last few months were always going to be the most challenging and a stern test, as they are for many clubs at this time of the year, with little or no income and large end of season expenses, but l truly believe that we are gradually improving the club's situation.

and put like that, im happy to trust him rather than a retard with an agenda

• Moderators

I don't want to be a cunt and knock people for their vocations in life, but I can see via the power of google they aren't and know fuck all about anything. I've no idea why they are trying to pass themselves off as someone who does.

what do you want? The club to go bust so you can say I told you so? As far as anyone can see Ken is doing a good job under very difficult circumstances, in fact holdsworth and his blue marble loan seems to be the biggest balls up at the moment but you seem fine with that. Time will tell what kind of job Ken does but at the moment he hasn't done much wrong

Ken doesnt think so

and put like that, im happy to trust him rather than a retard with an agenda

I think the progress and speed that KA operates is fantastic I very much doubt if anyone could do a better job with the hand he has been dealt with unless they were blessed with 100s of million however we must still be cautious as to what the future of the club holds after he has left I hope and pray he gives us the platform to go forward and that is his plan and that he will leave a lasting positive legacy for the club, fans and town.

Ken must feel like he is fighting a war on all fronts. I must admit I had no idea so many Wanderers fans are financial wiz kids .

The guy has worked wonders.

The club over achieved what we all dared to expect last season.

All those doubters and the majority of the ST.

Get off his back. Concentrate on giving the team vocal support on match days. !!!

Ken Anderson is doing a great job under trying circumstances ,not many of us are so naive that we think he is the long term answer although with an investor on board you never know.

Bottom line as the only game in town his management has been spot on ,just think where we would be with the poor stewardship of the past.

I can't believe anybody in their right mind is having a pop at Ken. 18 months ago - we were getting relegated and were within a whisker of going pot altogether. Fast forward and we're back in the Championship (at the first time of asking) - with a competent manager who seems to have a long term strategy and a chairman who's yet to drop a major bollock.

Now I know everything isn't rosy yet - because barring some loon coming in and pumping twenty odd million into the club we never would be at this stage - but fucking hell - I would have snatched your hand off to be in this position when Jimmy Phillips was at the helm.

Now I reserve the right to change my mind if things start to slide (as should anybody) - but right here right now I feel extraordinarily grateful that he is the man steering the ship.

• Site Supporter

Shaun McHugh was hailed as having tremendous experience etc. It must have been galling to have been placed on a 'probationary period'. It was insulting.

Are you Shaun? Are you Deano?

Do you go to the cinema when the match is on?

A utd fan and a wum?

Or do you just look like yul brynner in a roll neck sweater?

• Site Supporter

All I would say is that if I were a highly qualified accountant I would find it insulting to be put on a 'probationary period'.

How many Bolton Players are on a 'probationary period' (at much higher salaries)?

Alex Bruce?

All I would say is that if I were a highly qualified accountant I would find it insulting to be put on a 'probationary period'.

How many Bolton Players are on a 'probationary period' (at much higher salaries)?

Everyone is in probabtion you moonman.

Footballers have different contracts.

Can you spill what your issue is or fuck off please. Break whatever shit you "know" or fuck off. Like properly fuck off! I am sick of this constant shit.

Edited by Big E