Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Did you actually see  what she said, or merely quote someone's view of it?

IF she has won she will speak to the nation at 4pm on Tuesday.

Either she will sink very quickly or we will see the start of trussmania.

How about bringing forward the promised (by Rishi) cut in income tax from 20p to 19p before the next election to here it is now, applying from this tax year. Someone paying tax of £600 per month would see an increase of £30 per month in their net pay, with the backdating to April giving an extra boost of £180 in October's pay packet.

Amending Universal credit by averaging out over 3 months instead of each month would vastly reduce the recalculations when a 5 week month arises and make the system fairer - and restoration of the £20 enhancement would not go amiss and would appease those dependent on benefits.

Whatever, I expect some big surprises, but we shall see.

MSW-OM

1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

How about bringing forward the promised (by Rishi) cut in income tax from 20p to 19p before the next election to here it is now, applying from this tax year. Someone paying tax of £600 per month would see an increase of £30 per month in their net pay, with the backdating to April giving an extra boost of £180 in October's pay packet.

Amending Universal credit by averaging out over 3 months instead of each month would vastly reduce the recalculations when a 5 week month arises and make the system fairer - and restoration of the £20 enhancement would not go amiss and would appease those dependent on benefits.

MSW-OM

Think you calledTruss as next PM moons ago… hope you had the money on. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Give over. Neither of those policies would even touch the sides of what's coming. Like lighting a candle in a hurricane to benefit the people already sheltered from it.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

MSW-OM

Not being funny mate but those measures would barely make a scratch on the issue.

What's MSW-OM?

• Site Supporter

I mentioned it the other week after I spoke to the ofgem bloke, she’s going to ‘freeze’ the price cap for 6 months.

What isn’t clear is how it’ll be paid for or what happens in March ‘23.

But it’ll make her very VERY popular amongst people currently sat shitting themselves.

And, if I’m honest, fair play. It’s hard to see how else all this can be managed.

Shes still one of the last people I want as PM. And if she doesn’t freeze the cap, then she won’t be in the job by Christmas.

Shes nothing to lose which makes it an easier decision.