Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They partly fund it and are led by ex EU commissioner. I’ll leave it at that. 

Not as a bloc they don't. We partly fund it too. As do the US, Japan, Trinidad & Tobago, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Morocco etc. etc. etc. etc.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not blaming Brexit. This is clearly an I’ll thought out not costed or checked mini budget. Not like the EU/IMF to chip in though to mix the bowl further.  

I know you don’t trust the EU but when do you stop trusting this government. Surely they’ve screwed you worse?

28 minutes ago, little whitt said:

Fuck me Rayner is on now 

she is a shit speaker 

they are just Clapping for Clapping Sake 

its still going to be a Hard Sell 

Starmer/Rayner 

I actually think she's doing really well - much better than some of her counterparts, and a lot better than her opposite number.

This northern men hatered of Rayner. Can't get my head round it at all. Its not just on here, heard it a lot back home.

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

I actually think she's doing really well - much better than some of her counterparts, and a lot better than her opposite number.

This northern men hatered of Rayner. Can't get my head round it at all. Its not just on here, heard it a lot back home.

Alpha males frightened of a strong woman.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I agree with all your sentiments but not sure about it being Northern men as an exclusive. 

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Fair enough - just haven't heard it from any of my friends down south - liberal or otherwise.

There will sadly be a forever of those that want who want the eton elites in. I’d say that starts well further down south.

That said you can’t argue the comments you see on here.

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

There will sadly be a forever of those that want who want the eton elites in. I’d say that starts well further down south.

That said you can’t argue the comments you see on here.

Yeah and it's self selecting, most of my friends down here are of the liberal persuasion and live in London, I guess deeper in the home counties that's probably more likely to be true.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bizarre innit.

1 hour ago, little whitt said:

Fuck me Rayner is on now 

she is a shit speaker 

they are just Clapping for Clapping Sake 

its still going to be a Hard Sell 

Starmer/Rayner 

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-09-25/new-poll-puts-labour-in-comfortable-lead-over-conservatives-with-45-of-the-vote

Just do not be the Tories might be enough. An incredible amount of ex Tory voters trust Labour more on the economy . 

3 hours ago, Zico said:

they aren't the only ones

and to be fair, who can blame them for thinking that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_of_Italy#Ideology_and_factions

In regards to social issues, the party opposes euthanasia and abortion. It also has been described as being strictly "anti-gay marriage" and supporting the "traditional family unit".[135] The party collaborates with anti-abortion and anti-LGBTQ+ movements.

Quite. Far Right is lazy journalism. There are varying degrees of right wing. The horse shoe theory would have them at the very tip. Don’t think that’s the case.

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I see the leader of the IMF was an EU commissioner…and surprise surprise worked with Juncker 2014-2016 perhaps a little more to the IMF comments than meets the eye … more vested interests.  

I had no idea whether this was true or not - so I've just looked it up. It looks like you're mistaken - the EU doesn't contribute the the IMF. It's funded by contributions from nation states.

• Site Supporter

It’s beyond the point now with the Tories to worry about how right or left wing they are.

They’re just shit and out of control. That’s all there is to it. We know the reasons why.

As has been mentioned, Labour just need not to be Tories and they’re a shoe in as things stand.

Rishi Sunak said in his leadership debates he would do the opposite of what Truss has done. Which is to basically throw a grenade and hope it explodes £50 notes.

The party conference next week should just be held in a fucking Big Top and the cabinet made to ride a unicycle across the high wire.