Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I know...

To be fair, he's just a piss taker like Cheese, who likes to argue for the fun of it. If I didn't know better, I would think they are actually the same person

I know Cheese in real life. The fact that you think I might be him is incredibly insulting.

42 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Yeah but Royal White says its a big myth about the Polish and other EU migrants leaving post brexit?

Many Polish left because they could earn the same back home (I’m sure you said that as well). Covid was another reason many left. As the stats show other nationalities, Albanians for example have seen a massive increase in people coming over here. I suppose Brexit is to blame for a decrease in Polish migrants to other EU countries? 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Many Polish left because they could earn the same back home (I’m sure you said that as well). Covid was another reason many left. As the stats show other nationalities, Albanians for example have seen a massive increase in people coming over here. I suppose Brexit is to blame for a decrease in Polish migrants to other EU countries? 

So Brexit hasn't had the slightest influence at all? - not one single Pole left the UK because of the result?

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m not sure where I’ve said that? 

Sorry, I'm thought Spider said that his welders left becuase of Brexit, and you were suggesting it was probably for other reasons.

Apologies if I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Sorry, I'm thought Spider said that his welders left becuase of Brexit, and you were suggesting it was probably for other reasons.

Yes they did. Quite a few left when there was no need to really, as the majority over here proved. (I know spider said they were a bit nervous which is understandable) 

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes they did. Quite a few left when there was no need to really, as the majority over here proved. (I know spider said they were a bit nervous which is understandable) 

to be fair, the welders probably left because Spider TOLD them to as he was voting leave and wouldn't need them anymore

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Zico said:

to be fair, the welders probably left because Spider TOLD them to as he was voting leave and wouldn't need them anymore

Exactly right

I showed them the picture of the bus and a few Leave campaign videos and off they popped.

As an aryan type, they were probably worried I’d be invading their homeland in 2017. It’s my own fault.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

It doesn’t help if your gaffer is part of the problem 

They still fucked off.

And every one of them cried because they felt they had to do so.

I’m always welcome in Wrocław anyway

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

Just seen that, it's something like x3 what it was last year...

1.1M arrived, with about 750K of them from "outside the EU"

600K have left, with around 300K of them re-locating back to the EU

I'm assuming a shit load of that number must be from Ukraine....

I am glad that the Conservative Party are strict on immigration though, and not like Labour who would let loads in.....apparently

1.1M arrived, of which 750K from outside EU, so 350K from inside EU.

600K left with around 300K re-locating back to EU, (and around 300K going elsewhere).

So no more EUers leaving than coming? Even allowing for significant rounding in estimates, these figures do not demonstrate, or even suggest, than net migration from EU has dropped.

• Site Supporter

115000 from Ukraine. Low tens of thousands from Afghanistan. 

140000 from Hong Kong within those figures.

All genuine folk in need of help, many of whom will go back later.

Naturally, this represents an opportunity to knock the government for allowing higher immigration. Same folk who would knock the government, for not helping, if these people hadn't arrived. 

The illegal side of things however is dog shit, and is well worthy of criticism. 

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

115000 from Ukraine. Low tens of thousands from Afghanistan. 

140000 from Hong Kong within those figures.

All genuine folk in need of help, many of whom will go back later.

Naturally, this represents an opportunity to knock the government for allowing higher immigration. Same folk who would knock the government, for not helping, if these people hadn't arrived. 

The illegal side of things however is dog shit, and is well worthy of criticism. 

Not many HKers will return, but they really have to be accommodated after UK gave HK back to China with unenforcible promises which were always, always going to be disregarded. Not MT's finest hour.

30 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Not many HKers will return, but they really have to be accommodated after UK gave HK back to China with unenforcible promises which were always, always going to be disregarded. Not MT's finest hour.

Correct, nobody from HK will go back I wouldn't have thought, if anything, we'll get even more of them over the coming years. And as you say, we do have an obligation to accommodate them. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Tell you what

Gove has turned uk at the estate in Rochdale today where that young lad died because of how mouldy his house was.

Fair play to him.

Needs to sort housing out though. It’s a fckin mess.

But knocked a million pounds off the central government. That’ll help Rochdale’s housing stock to be improved!

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tell you what

Gove has turned uk at the estate in Rochdale today where that young lad died because of how mouldy his house was.

Fair play to him.

Yet he voted AGAINST Landlords being held legally responsible for their properties being fit for human habitation in 2016. Amazes me how people are still taken in by these bullshit PR stunts.

"Fair play to him"? Give your head a wobble.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/149166/conservatives-voted-against-amendment-to-ensure-rented-houses-are-fit-for-human-habitation-in-2016-–-including-michael-gove-the-current-secretary-of-state-for-housing-who-now-says-every-house-must-be-“decent-safe-and-secure”

Edited by Cheese

35 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tell you what

Fair play to him.

Did he wear hiviz and a hard hat. Doesn't count otherwise 

• Members

Net migration of 500,000 - the highest ever, and ten times the figure in 1997.

Do we have policy in place to build the necessary housing and infrastructure - in a country already suffering a chronic shortage of housing - to cope with the increased demand?

No.

Okay, well, do we have a policy in place to tackle what is surely an unsustainably high level of immigration?

Also no.

🤡🤡🤡

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Do we have policy in place to build the necessary housing and infrastructure - in a country already suffering a chronic shortage of housing - to cope with the increased demand?

No.

Okay, well, do we have a policy in place to tackle what is surely an unsustainably high level of immigration?

Also no.

🤡🤡🤡

Can we not just charter thousands of tax payer-funded flights and send them all to Rwanda?

16 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

No.

Also no.

🤡🤡🤡

No we don’t and neither should we…. Get a grip limit immigration and implement it strictly.  I find it unbelievable that some folk virtually want an open door policy, yet the same idiots whinge like fuck when we can’t cope with influx and have nowhere to house them.