Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Its not the ethnicity as such but the suspicion that Labour ran councils have somehow turned a blind eye... that is what Sunak and Braverman seem to be claiming. If that is the case its no wonder Starmer isnt interested in the ethnicity... oh and the fact the muslim vote is more likely to vote Labour. If it is not true then the claim needs fully addressing and dealing with by Starmer.

It's a good job you're not part of any political strategy team.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

I'm not really a big fan of hers, but the Tory front bench are petrified of Raynor. I think they'd much rather face Starmer in PMQs than her

They're not; she shouts a lot and is aggressive but Starmer is far more analytical than she is, but nicer. He's more likely to get hold of a piece of data etc and use it cleverly in the public eye.

She's an attack dog with a bark worse than a bite. Usually ends up with something being chucked straight back at her which weakens her noise.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

You mean the accusation that Labour councils turned a blind eye, if it is dog whistle then the Labour party need to prove it. 

You really do fall for the bait and switch everytime. It's like having our own Red Wall bell-weather.

The Tories have pumped an headline into your head and you're repeating excatly what they want from this week's announcements.

Just to make is really clear

- Child groomers are dealt with regardless of ethnicity

- The majority of cases of child grooming are not by British Muslims, so again ethnicity isn't the main issue here

- The real issue is the fact the HO hasn't dealt with this issue under their watch and are now trying to whip up their base in the red wall seats.

- Victims are not recieving the support they need under the current system, with too many falling between the gap, or not having their cases heard quickley enough.

- As for the rochadle Labour Coucnil thing - again, it's waht the Tories want Labour to fall into. The systematic failures of that case were answerable, adn the current leader of the Labour party, as has been mentioned, was in charge of prosecution.

If you want to be a support beam to allow a government to fail more young women and actually help enable child groomers with a failing Hom Office system - be my guest. But when you look around an find out which side you're on, don't be shocked.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They're not; she shouts a lot and is aggressive but Starmer is far more analytical than she is, but nicer. He's more likely to get hold of a piece of data etc and use it cleverly in the public eye.

She's an attack dog with a bark worse than a bite. Usually ends up with something being chucked straight back at her which weakens her noise.

Women - know your place! Stop your noise.

So many cliched tropes there it's almost laughable. Well, it is actually laughable. ha ha ha.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You really do fall for the bait and switch everytime. It's like having our own Red Wall bell-weather.

The Tories have pumped an headline into your head and you're repeating excatly what they want from this week's announcements.

Just to make is really clear

- Child groomers are dealt with regardless of ethnicity

- The majority of cases of child grooming are not by British Muslims, so again ethnicity isn't the main issue here

- The real issue is the fact the HO hasn't dealt with this issue under their watch and are now trying to whip up their base in the red wall seats.

- Victims are not recieving the support they need under the current system, with too many falling between the gap, or not having their cases heard quickley enough.

- As for the rochadle Labour Coucnil thing - again, it's waht the Tories want Labour to fall into. The systematic failures of that case were answerable, adn the current leader of the Labour party, as has been mentioned, was in charge of prosecution.

If you want to be a support beam to allow a government to fail more young women and actually help enable child groomers with a failing Hom Office system - be my guest. But when you look around an find out which side you're on, don't be shocked.

I aint falling for anything, I am pointing out that Labour party need to prove that its dog whsitle politics, until then the suspicion for many voters is that the Labour party wont call it out because it weakens there hand come the next G.E.  

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What is the real problem then?

The evidence suggests it is/was fear of being tagged as racist for dealing with Pakistani men raping kids. That is precisely what they are trying to remove.

If that's appealing to a target audience, then bring it on. I'm quite sure the victims' families will welcome it, even it if is too long in coming.

So the problem is that the people who investigate these incidents and support the victims have been underfunded so prosecutions take for ever and the victims are in limbo. If you are a victim of domestic abuse there a refuges - nothing similar for victims of abuse outside the family.

I assume we all agree that coming  down hard on the abusers and supporting the victims are the most important outcomes ? 
So let's go from there.

The Govt is saying this is a problem driven by specific groups  (Packistani men) so that is their focus. However the report that was commissioned to investigate this has found that no minority group is over represented in the abusers. (Not having read the report no idea on what basis this was worked out but no one was challenging the outputs of the report) *

So there is an issue and the Govt focus is focussing one group but the issue is spread much more evenly. (See link to yesterdays Bolton News). 

So the Govt is focussing on one group, once again chasing headlines to hide the mess they have created by blaming 'them'. Labour are saying it is a wider issue so do not get distracted and instead focus on tackling all abusers and better support for the victims. 

Of course you can question what Labour will actually do but if you simply look at the 2 approaches Labour have a much better starting position.

* I have to say I was surprised that the report did not highlight a bias to certain communities. 

The current Govt have failed to deal with this issue for the last 12 years, it seems absurd that anyone should be calling Labour out as not being equipped to sort it if they take control of the country.

I doubt a worse job could be done.

32 minutes ago, Traf said:

The current Govt have failed to deal with this issue for the last 12 years, it seems absurd that anyone should be calling Labour out as not being equipped to sort it if they take control of the country.

I doubt a worse job could be done.

It's going to be the same on all issues.

The tories are going sit their with straight faces and tell us we'll sort x,y and z after 13 years of fucking up x,y and z.

Get to fuck.

• Members
6 hours ago, Traf said:

I love how the right side continue to have a pop at the strong female team on the opposition benches, when their own female MPs are a fucking joke.

...and I love how Labour types wank on about inclusivity, promoting women etc.

Just remind me again how many female Labour PM's there have been?

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65189785

Why is everyone pussy-footing around the obvious cultural issue with white English people from the West Midlands?

They are vile sickos whatever their race.  The lives they have ruined is terrible. Clearly these gangs are not just from Pakistan communities though so it is important the police have resources to weed them out and prosecute them.

The reason the grooming gang scandal is newsworthy - aside from the obvious - is because it speaks directly to how the country is dealing with multiculturalism, race, and social cohesion.

Specifically, the extremely violent nature of the crimes - many of the girls weren't just raped or sexually assaulted, they were burnt, tortured, and beaten - the racial/cultural aspect (the targeting of almost exclusively vulnerable, underage white girls), and the abject failure/refusal of authorities to deal with crimes they knew were occurring for fear of being seen as racist or inflaming racial tensions.

And the claim, from sensible people at least, is not that child sexual abuse is solely committed by men of Pakistani heritage - that would be absurd in a country that is over 80% white - but that men of Pakistani heritage were overrepresented in the prosecution rates, and attitudes prevalent in particular cultural backgrounds may have had a bearing on why these specific crimes are being committed.

There's a good thread on the overrrepresentation part here:

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, royal white said:

I don’t get how using barracks (which squaddies have to pay to live in) is unsuitable for housing asylum seekers. They’ve apparently left war zones in 3rd world countries and now a house or room in a military base is no good. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Where have you got this talking point from?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65193446

Thumbs up from me.

Housing single male asylum seekers in a barge hotel. Vulnerable, my arse.

If they’ve made it across Europe and the channel, a room with food and facilities is a result for them.

At last! A plan that's obviously going to work! Just like the hugely successful Rwanda Scheme!