Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

The role of social media in ramping issues up in this country is scary. I have used the above as an example as I have had loads very similar today on Twitter, sure there will be as many examples from the other side.

Everyone claims they are speaking for 'the (vast) majority of the public' the self proclaimed 'silent majority (or minority)' You can end up in a real echo chamber with the same thought being rammed down your throat as 'facts'.  As everyone agrees with everything.

At least on here no one ever agrees with anyone else 

• Members
On 11/11/2023 at 05:38, Ani said:

The role of social media in ramping issues up in this country is scary. I have used the above as an example as I have had loads very similar today on Twitter, sure there will be as many examples from the other side.

Everyone claims they are speaking for 'the (vast) majority of the public' the self proclaimed 'silent majority (or minority)' You can end up in a real echo chamber with the same thought being rammed down your throat as 'facts'.  As everyone agrees with everything.

At least on here no one ever agrees with anyone else 

I disagree.

• Members
15 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I see Braverman has got her wish already today.

No, you mean the demonstrators, their apologists and Khan got what they wanted. Their two minutes silence was nauseating, the insincere cunts. A cynical and contrived PR exercise fooling no one other than the deluded.

Elderly poppy sellers and old soldiers abused and attacked over the last few weeks. This was a piss weak attempt at virtue signalling designed to cover such heinous acts up.

11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Their two minutes silence was nauseating, the insincere cunts. A cynical and contrived PR exercise fooling no one other than the deluded.

I don't disagree that it was probably fairly insincere from some of them (not all obviously) - but for balance, no less insincere than some of those on "the other side" with their faux patriotism, who we know went down for a bit of agro. 

The March yesterday, just shouldn't have gone ahead, even though there was no trouble, there could have been. The pro-Palestine organisers should have deferred it a week

Happily, the whole thing seems to have gone off without too much hassle. Although I'm sure Braverman is a little gutted that a fatal stabbing or something equally horrendous didn't happen. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Sweep said:

I don't disagree that it was probably fairly insincere from some of them (not all obviously) - but for balance, no less insincere than some of those on "the other side" with their faux patriotism, who we know went down for a bit of agro. 

The March yesterday, just shouldn't have gone ahead, even though there was no trouble, there could have been. The pro-Palestine organisers should have deferred it a week

Happily, the whole thing seems to have gone off without too much hassle. Although I'm sure Braverman is a little gutted that a fatal stabbing or something equally horrendous didn't happen. 

Yes, agree 100%

• Members
10 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Really? I haven't seen any evidence of that but if true that is appalling.

Another police cover up all in the interest of not appearing to be racist. More important apparently than being fair and equitable.