Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

7 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I see that due to the tax thresholds being frozen again, most folk will see little to nothing of this 2p NI reduction.

Those on low/no income and those on state pension won't benefit.

• Members
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sweep said:

to be fair, some are changing, even @bolty58who was as die hard a Tory as there is, has gone from having a permanent hard on at Boris being in charge, to now saying even he wouldn't vote Conservative this time around. So perhaps people can and are willing to change their mind (like @Spiderdid 😉)

There is a huge difference, as well you know, between supporting a proper conservative party instead of what is effectively Labour Lite and mistakenly placing your cross in the wrong box in a binary choice.

In Spiders case, choices absolutely must be non-binary. Just ask they/them.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
10 hours ago, Sweep said:

I'm not sure who will be standing, Labour don't usually bother here (not that I'd vote for them anyway) - I'll see nearer the time, when I know who is actually standing. Possibly Green, LibDem, Independent or even Reform - anybody but the Conservatives really (and I've previously voted Conservative every time I've ever voted before in GEs and locals)

Just veer away from the Commies masquerading as environmentalist Greens and the Liberal Undemocrats and you'll be reet pal.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

There is a huge difference, as well you know, between supporting a proper conservative party instead of what is effectively Labour Lite and mistakenly placing your cross in the wrong box in a binary choice.

In Spiders case, choices absolutely must be non-binary. Just ask they/them.

B6B1E318-90AD-4498-803F-D42F4A482F08.jpeg

5 hours ago, Traf said:

One report I heard yesterday said anyone earning less than £26k would be worse off under the budget. That’s 1/3 of workers and likely the 1/3 that need it most. 

Edited by Jol_BWFC

This shower should not have been allowed another budget. Every public service in disarray and they have cut council funding to such an extent that we are all paying more to receive less. Many on low incomes have to choose between food or heating. Pot holes are so bad you run the risk of needing a new tyre on every journey. Public transport is terrible outside of London.  The Tories have wrecked the country. 

6 hours ago, Traf said:

My wife’s part time worker shes no better or worse off. I’m better off by £1500… doesn’t offset the 6k extra per year I’m paying for my mortgage. 

41 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

My wife’s part time worker shes no better or worse off. I’m better off by £1500… doesn’t offset the 6k extra per year I’m paying for my mortgage. 

You’re £1500 better off from a small cut in NI? Lucky you.

This is just another Tory policy that widens the gap, sadly.

43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Blimey, that's some hike. My mates has just gone up a touch over £12K per year, since last month, so he's really feeling it

I've had a look, and apparently I'll be £754 a year better off as a result of the 2% cut yesterday  - which is nice.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I thought the maximum was £754, I'm probably wrong though - unless @Mounts Kipperis also counting the 2% cut that we had a few months ago as well maybe?!?!

48 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Blimey, that's some hike. My mates has just gone up a touch over £12K per year, since last month, so he's really feeling it

I've had a look, and apparently I'll be £754 a year better off as a result of the 2% cut yesterday  - which is nice.

Indeed, I think it’s limited to £754.

Also, the fact that the Conservatives continue to freeze the income tax bands rather than increase them in line with inflation will probably cost you much more than that saving. Winners and losers. 

24 minutes ago, Traf said:

It’s the first time I’ve ever been a winner. But it’s small fry compared to everything else that I and everyone else is paying more for, due to inflation and interest rate rises. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just did the guardian budget checker and that’s what it said. 

fair enough - the sites I look at say it's capped at £754. I guess we'll soon find out in our pay packets 😉

As @Trafstates though, it does seem to benefit higher earners rather than the lower earners.....which I don't mind, but it does widen that gap

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just did the guardian budget checker and that’s what it said. 

I've just done that, it's quite good - obviously it's looking at more than just the NI, that is capped at £754

Apparently I'm £1319.50 better off, and Mrs Sweep is £610.50 better off  - although I'm sure she'll find a way of ensuring I actually end up with less money

45 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've just done that, it's quite good - obviously it's looking at more than just the NI, that is capped at £754

Apparently I'm £1319.50 better off, and Mrs Sweep is £610.50 better off  - although I'm sure she'll find a way of ensuring I actually end up with less money

Sounds good eh? Do it on the sky website for a shock. 

It offsets it as if the tax thresholds had risen in line with inflation, which they fucking should do  

Me and the missus together are about £3 a month better off with that chucked in  

Smoke and mirrors, he’s giving everyone the square root of fuck all  

So, just for the avoidance of doubt, fuck Hunt and fuck the Tories  

48 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Car ins is up 30-40%

Council tax is up 5-10%

Mortgage's are up 

and a tin of  Heinz Tomato Soup is £1.70p a Tin 

So who is realey better off 

33 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Yup - £62.74 worse off every month.

But my mrs is £62.71 better off every month

so that's a net loss of 3p

As you say the rest is just flim flam

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yup - £62.74 worse off every month.