Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

What nationality should we be then.

what have we not got that we should have, it's a lot better than the 70's, 80's and 90's, except the music and football of course, yeah the traffics a fucking ball-ache most of the times, but seriously why is every fucker so down ?

Has leaving the EU Community Club really got you that down 🤷

He’s probably another FBPE they’re fucked in the head.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

1981 is 40 years ago. Get yourself a calculator. 

When did things start to improve?

Did Britain do anything in particular during the 80’s that may have contributed to our success?

Anything at all?

Edited by Spider

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

When did things start to improve?

Did Britain for anything in particular during the 80’s that may have contributed to our success?

Anything at all?

The curbing of the unions in the 80s was a terrible time and subsequent rise in unemployment in retrospect it was a necessary evil but the spite shown by the Tories I’ll never forget or fully forgive… add to that and more of a kick in the bollox despite me getting made redundant after serving my apprenticeship was BWFC spiralling demise from the glory times from early 70s through to  the end of that decade. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The curbing of the unions in the 80s was a terrible time and subsequent rise in unemployment in retrospect it was a necessary evil but the spite shown by the Tories I’ll never forget or fully forgive… add to that and more of a kick in the bollox despite me getting made redundant after serving my apprenticeship was BWFC spiralling demise from the glory times from early 70s through to  the end of that decade. 

The unions needed the kicking off Maggie.

But Britain prospered.

With all its friends.

42 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't know about that. AUSUK would certainly seem to suggest otherwise.

Our finance services sector suggests we are definitely less relevant.  Have a look at the numbers, 7600 jobs gone and over 440 banking organisations have left the UK post brexit.  Approximately 10% of UK bank assets have moved or are in the process of moving to the EU (data from New Financial). 

50 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Our finance services sector suggests we are definitely less relevant.  Have a look at the numbers, 7600 jobs gone and over 440 banking organisations have left the UK post brexit.  Approximately 10% of UK bank assets have moved or are in the process of moving to the EU (data from New Financial). 

It suggests we're less relevant in the financial services sector, a problem for an economy as reliant on financial services as ours, but seemingly more relevant in the defence and intelligence sectors - we've taken a different approach towards China compared to the EU, which it's difficult to imagine would've been politically possible had we remained a member state, and which will no doubt boost our influence on matters of security.

I'm not sure yet that it all equates to the UK being less relevant on the world stage generally. Perhaps just relevant in a different way.

• Members
19 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Your beloved Queen Liz and supposedly 25% of the population is decended from a bloke from Normandy. 45% of all English words are of  French origin.

Your homeland (ace as it is and I'd live there in a heartbeat) is nowt but a fart in the vast chasm of history. 

It's amazing how little 'patriots' know about the country they love so much eh?😃

I won't bother pointing back to my post about the British being basically Heinz 57 varieties and natural selection by good old mother nature meaning that the indigenous of the British Isles inherited the best from Romans, Normans, Vikings, Saxons etc. etc. Pointless.

It's amazing how little intelligence is applied by the extreme left on here before putting their besandalled foot in their vast chasm of a gob.

8 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Bit out of date

Nothing beyond April?

• Site Supporter

#InsideBoltysHead

……Mars bars aren’t as big as they used to be…….Need to get that moped exhaust burn off my willy before she sees it………Gibraltar should have more monkeys…..I bet YouriMcAnespie is a good dancer……Liz Truss smells like the gents bogs at Wigan Pier…….got an erection now…….they’ll all be sorry when when Trump marries Boris and we live in golden mansions…….the Aussie bloke across the street has nice teeth….Castrol GTX……..Rees-Mogg in a wetsuit……

11 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

What nationality should we be then.

what have we not got that we should have, it's a lot better than the 70's, 80's and 90's, except the music and football of course, yeah the traffics a fucking ball-ache most of the times, but seriously why is every fucker so down ?

Has leaving the EU Community Club really got you that down 🤷

Well we can't change nationality so that's a non question. But in terms of reasons for optimism I'd say India or China have got the most to gain during the rest of my lifetime. 

I can just see inexorable decline for us barring some kind of hitherto undiscovered natural resource or technological breakthrough that we pioneer. 

Add to that the fact that I think the UK will breakup within the next decade, we've fewer options in terms of work and travel, we've a clearly inept government, we've spunked billions into furlough that we're now going to have to repay adding to an already eye wateringly large deficit (as a result of austerity) and the fact that there seems to be little movement on climate change due to a lack of strong political leadership and I'd say the outlook for us is pretty fucking bleak as things stand. 

The only thing offsetting this is that the whites are doing well! 😁

I'm mid 40's Mounts! 👍

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Well we can't change nationality so that's a non question. But in terms of reasons for optimism I'd say India or China have got the most to gain during the rest of my lifetime. 

I can just see inexorable decline for us barring some kind of hitherto undiscovered natural resource or technological breakthrough that we pioneer. 

Add to that the fact that I think the UK will breakup within the next decade, we've fewer options in terms of work and travel, we've a clearly inept government, we've spunked billions into furlough that we're now going to have to repay adding to an already eye wateringly large deficit (as a result of austerity) and the fact that there seems to be little movement on climate change due to a lack of strong political leadership and I'd say the outlook for us is pretty fucking bleak as things stand. 

The only thing offsetting this is that the whites are doing well! 😁

I'm mid 40's Mounts! 👍

So you would rather live in India or China now than the Uk is that what you are saying? Or have I misunderstood.