Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Only elections for the police commissioner round my way.

Can’t be arsed at all. Not sure they can because I didn’t even get a polling card. 

Do you get one for them?

You sould do. I did anyway.

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You sould do. I did anyway.

Not one of them have bothered to even send me a leaflet. I couldn’t tell you the names of any of the candidates. 

I

5 minutes ago, deeane Koontz said:

seem to be getting a Lib Dem leaflet every week in howfen

Had about four tory leaflets to Labour's one - basically because they have pumped more money as they are a bit worried about a true London 'blue wall' seat shifting and what it could mean for the GE - which sadly I won't now be voting for here depending on the whims of when Sunak calls it.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

It's hardly a barometer I know but all I've seen round Blackpool South today is Labour Chris Webb signs in windows.

My ward will be different mind. I'll plait shit if it's not another blue victory round me. Can only try.

If Webb does win - which I think he will. Watch the narrative get buried. It'd be different if it wasn't in with all the other elections going on, but it gives a chance for the government to kind of ignore it. However, I'd say this one election is a bigger barometer of intention at the GE.

Mind you, I'm not a Psephologist so listen to the podcast from John Curtis and not me on this - and enjoy his views tonight. 

• Moderators

The real story is the deterrent effect of the rwanda act is proper kicking in now

Just as sunak and (notso) cleverly said it would

1 hour ago, deeane Koontz said:

seem to be getting a Lib Dem leaflet every week in howfen

I think at a local level Liberal Democrats always seem to be quite active. Basically a load of busy bodies with a grasp of local issues. Big issue round here is introducing charges for station car park. We get letters every month from Lib Dems on local issues pointing out that Labour councillors voted to introduce charges. 

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

I forgot to register for a postal vote, so did a 120-mile round trip to vote against the local Tories.

I know they have changed the boundaries but that is taking the piss. 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I forgot to register for a postal vote, so did a 120-mile round trip to vote against the local Tories.

Now that's the sort of dedication we need.

Fucking hell, door knocking to get out voters based on shitty databases is a thankless task.

Gets the steps up though.. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Now that's the sort of dedication we need.

Fucking hell, door knocking to get out voters based on shitty databases is a thankless task.

Gets the steps up though.. 

we've had 4 letters from labour with our name on them,

we've had 3 people knocking on the door, from labour. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Same as why I've had a lot of conservatives - it's shouldn't be lost by Labour but like all 'red wall' areas that's where the effort is going.

Thing is, Labour have a largely invisible candidate, against a very strong Tory candidate that has been quite active in the area. So lots of panic for them around here. 

52 minutes ago, little whitt said:

The polling stations  would be in Schools 

now they are in Churches 

My youngests school was shut today in Norbreck.

I tonight voted in a church in Thornton.

30 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Thing is, Labour have a largely invisible candidate, against a very strong Tory candidate that has been quite active in the area. So lots of panic for them around here. 

It's about targeting, why put money where you aren't going to win.

Politics/Marketing cheeks of the same shitty arse.