Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Peter Kay Warbies Advert

freds dad

• Site Supporter

Bollocks

Now I thought Phoenix nights was some of the best comedy I've ever seen. Some of the stand up shows very good as well. I just think he's passed his peak. Geraldine and his appearance on the one show?

But the garlic bread 'joke' is cringeworthy

But I'm not allowed to say anything bad as he is a local icon and I'm just jealous

That's pretty much what I said you moonman

There isn't a comedian/musician/performer of any kind who gets really popular and then doesn't have people saying 'they've peaked, gone downhill' etc...

Its because people get overly familiar with their work and anything new has to be either different which turns folk off or even better than the earlier stuff - which is hard to do continually.

I can't say I've watched anything of PKs that I didn't enjoy. Some definitely better than others. Car Share series 1 is probably one of the best things I've ever seen. 

For these adverts Kay should be thrashed to within an inch of his life, tarred and feathered and chemically castrated. We should then dump him up on Belmont, naked (apart from his tar and feathers), blindfolded and facing toward Blackburn and told to march forward, never turning back nor ever to return to Bolton.

He should also be made to sign on the Sex Offenders' Register.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

For these adverts Kay should be thrashed to within an inch of his life, tarred and feathered and chemically castrated. We should then dump him up on Belmont, naked (apart from his tar and feathers), blindfolded and facing toward Blackburn and told to march forward, never turning back nor ever to return to Bolton.

He should also be made to sign on the Sex Offenders' Register.

Sounds like my brothers stag do. ....not sure about the sex offenders bit, he's not been caught yet.

He should also be made to sign on the Sex Offenders' Register.[/quote

Miserable cunt

• Site Supporter

He should also be made to sign on the Sex Offenders' Register.[/quote

Miserable cunt

You're not getting Youri are you.

He's posting from a hospital ward in Prestwich.

You're not getting Youri are you.

He's posting from a hospital ward in Prestwich.

I've lived and been around Bolton and Manchester all my life and it was only a few years ago I learned the old 'you'll end up in Prestwich' and variations of it for inferring someone's flipped or is flipping their lid...

Was always 'you'll end up in K2' when I was a kid...

Doesn't work now as K2 is now called Fir Tree or sommat and K2 is a crap takeaway down Morris Green (that had a zero rating).

• Moderators

I think the hard core secure wing bordered on Phillips park

Was mooching around one autumn afternoon when night closed in a bit too sharpish

Shit meself and pace of steps increased to a full on mo Farah towards the noise of the motorway

Got lost on my pushiron once on Phillips Park one very late summer/autumn evening - similarly shit my pants as darkness drew in and had visions of spending the night sleeping rough - didn't even have a lighter to 'make fire' (as Ray Mears might say)...and I didn't even know about the spooky old loony bin nearby.

It's a detox centre now I believe - you see addicts from there falling off the wagon and waiting around to 'score' near the TGI Fridays...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

I think the hard core secure wing bordered on Phillips park

Was mooching around one autumn afternoon when night closed in a bit too sharpish

Shit meself and pace of steps increased to a full on mo Farah towards the noise of the motorway

Scared of the dark! More likely to bump into doggers or kids taking class 'A's

Anyway- hospital may be no more, but there's a prison on the other side across the river,so you can't escape