Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Manager At 25

deane koontz

Played it around 92-95

Start a 4 player game, bolton, United, Liverpool and arsenal

Buy all Boltons shit players for every penny they had, then resign

Loved it

Got far too complicated and in depth over the years

I used to do the same but with Utd I’d offer every player in the squad the maximum wage per wage then release them to pay out the compensation. If you resigned at the right time then the board couldn’t block it but still had to pay out. My personal favourite was - 01/02 version, I think - when it meant Old Trafford was reduced to a 15,000 capacity because they couldn’t keep up with the maintenance. For some reason James Jowsey is a name that sticks in my mind - he was their 16 year old goalkeeper and the only one I wouldn’t release but would give him a £70,000 a week contract to keep bleeding them dry. Was a bit weird when I saw him play in real life for Flixton a few years later.

• Members

01/02 took many, many hours of my life. Maxim Tsigalko was immense.

There was a striker in 98/99 called Kofi Nyamah. He would either score or get a red card. Or both.

I stopped playing it when it stopped being text only during the game, it just stopped being fun.

Edited by DazBob

I think they are far too in depth now, don't have time to play these days.

The best one ever was CM 97/98, probably my favourite ever game. I played one career mode for 30 seasons and eventually the game said I had gone too far and ended. I used to have it playing on the PC while doing revision for university up until about 2008.

- Erik Nevland from Man Utd was a beast on it, got over 300 goals for me.

- Tommy Svindel Larsen you could get for about 200k and became worth £10m+

- Joao Pinto was always my first signing but you had to get him straight away as he was always in talks with big clubs. He played for me at Man Utd until he was 40.

What a game, i still have a version of it on my laptop to this day.

- Erik Nevland from Man Utd was a beast on it, got over 300 goals for me.

- Tommy Svindel Larsen you could get for about 200k and became worth £10m+

- Joao Pinto was always my first signing but you had to get him straight away as he was always in talks with big clubs. He played for me at Man Utd until he was 40.

This is outrageous, and I'm trusting one of the moderators will be issuing the relevant warning.

:lol: nostalgia.. cheating football manager 1 by pressing the break key and editing the BASIC were always funny , and still funny how folk remember it in the comments of articles about it..

"Tonton zola moukoko ? what about GOTO 300 ?"

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2008/08/20/play-football-manager-1982-sinclair-zx-spectrum-version/

dont even think i had it... until now..

https://blog.kevintoms.com/play-football-manager-now/

:lol: