Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manager

HomerJay

Just read a piece that our average salary this season is £6200

More than pne,Barnsley,burton and Millwall

And only slightly behind sheff Utd and Brentford

If you take the massive salary Amos is on it will put us easily below those clubs.

Also not sure on those figures. PNE have a higher wage bill than us. Not by much but as I say once you take Amos out and the difference looks more considerable.

If you take the massive salary Amos is on it will put us easily below those clubs.

Also not sure on those figures. PNE have a higher wage bill than us. Not by much but as I say once you take Amos out and the difference looks more considerable.

I’m not saying it’s gospel just something I stumbled across

It had us nearly doubling Barnsley’s

How much is Amos pulling?

I’d be surprised if Sunderland came in at £14,000/week after leaving the Prem last season.

Wolves looks light

As ever, what do we know?

I’d be surprised if Sunderland came in at £14,000/week after leaving the Prem last season.

Wolves looks light

As ever, what do we know?

correct mate it could be close it could be a load of shite

Suppose when it comes to individual wages clubs only have to do overall not list player by player figures

• Moderators

They both still are on our books so it would still be £6200 off radcliffes stats.

It would

But

1 his stats are made up bollocks. Even he knows that

2 in no way do they reflect market value

General thinking for Amos was initially £16k but it dropped to £14k when we went down to League One. Not sure if it went back up with the promotion that he played zero part in. You'd imagine whatever share Charlton have been paying is the equivalent to Alnwick and/or Howard's wage.

General thinking for Amos was initially £16k but it dropped to £14k when we went down to League One. Not sure if it went back up with the promotion that he played zero part in. You'd imagine whatever share Charlton have been paying is the equivalent to Alnwick and/or Howard's wage.

An article from Nixon in the Sun (link below) dated 29th Feb, 2016, says that Amos is on £16k per week and for the following three years also.  I'm guessing maybe we are actually paying £14k with Charlton chipping in the other £2k pw.

Spearing was on almost £18k per week apparently.

Pratley is stated as £14k pw.

Although having said all this Nixon points out that 'these deals' also include appearance money which can be up to £3k per game - although it is not clear if whether he means all of the BWFC players or just a certain few brought in on free transfers.  I tend to think all players would look to have appearance money bonuses written into their contracts so I assume every player would receive the bonus if selected to play.  Anyway I'll leave you to make your own interpretation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/270830/boltons-crippling-wage-bill-revealed-as-club-prepare-for-league-one/