Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

Been a Trotter 48 years. My Dad took me when I was 4. Used to sit me in the Wing Stand and feed me fisherman's friends as "sweets" and if I wanted a drink it was his his Rum and coffee (he was an ex Para and Miner from Bongs)..

Today I had to visit Citys training ground for work. I was blown away....the U23 / City ladies team stadium is nothing short of amazing. As is the rest of the complex ( robot lawn mowers - I kid you not).

Got back in my car and sat thinking, as I pulled out an Audi ( racing type car - fuck knows what, I dont do cars, I do Adidas, I'm a Bolton fan) pulled in, I let him passed and didn't recognise the driver.. it was probably some U23 player. I stopped again and lit a fag and shook my head.....

This kid in a car ( dont begrudge him anything, lads done well), will never know a shift our kids "were forced too" put in on Saturday.

Our beautiful game is so, so very fucked its possibly broken for good. I dont really care for Bury (they're like Wigan but I have more respect for them, because of my age), we cant complain because we had our time in the sun. 

BUT - if this is how it is. The modern game wont last long.

Not without Bury, Notts County, Coventry, Us and all other clubs tettering on the edge...

Rant over

Ratwhite 

Atherton aged 52 and 3/4 

Without a doubt the most on point, accurate and perfect post I’ve seen.

modern football can go fuck itself. It has surely never been so detached from the people it supposedly exists for.

i hope it implodes.

39 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He’s the fucking wolf. Every fucking day deal is close some sort of movement tomorrow bit in paper

fuck off you fat repugnant cunt 

hope he reads this the fucking jabba the hut lookalike heart attack waiting to happen twat 

Apart from that though he’s a top bloke yeah?

I’m at the point where I don’t really care how long it takes, I just want us to put a team out and Anderson walks away out of pocket, I’d hate him to earn a single penny out of any of my fellow supporter, even if he was the only option we had at the time.  Got to feel for Eddie Davies family, this man put everything into our club so we could have something to shout about, the joy of Europe and the premiership, he wrote off £200m of his fortune for us, his families inheritance.  They deserve better, his love is going to be pillaged, such a bloody shame.  I owe him, I think we all owe him even though we paid to watch his club, without him it wouldn’t of happened.  

Since this thread is 1000+ pages of speculating without any of them pesky fact things things getting in the way, here's one for the conspiracy theorists.

Kamani's bid for the hotel is lower but more cash up front. FV's is higher, less cash up front.

Ken wants Kamani - wants as much cash up front, the aim being he gets it straight out of ICI and into Monaco / Switzerland then winds up ICI before paying what he owes to EDT.

(I think it's also entirely possible that Ken strangles kittens, and unless anyone can definitively prove otherwise I'll assume it's true.:whistle:)

2 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Been a Trotter 48 years. My Dad took me when I was 4. Used to sit me in the Wing Stand and feed me fisherman's friends as "sweets" and if I wanted a drink it was his his Rum and coffee (he was an ex Para and Miner from Bongs)..

Today I had to visit Citys training ground for work. I was blown away....the U23 / City ladies team stadium is nothing short of amazing. As is the rest of the complex ( robot lawn mowers - I kid you not).

Got back in my car and sat thinking, as I pulled out an Audi ( racing type car - fuck knows what, I dont do cars, I do Adidas, I'm a Bolton fan) pulled in, I let him passed and didn't recognise the driver.. it was probably some U23 player. I stopped again and lit a fag and shook my head.....

This kid in a car ( dont begrudge him anything, lads done well), will never know a shift our kids "were forced too" put in on Saturday.

Our beautiful game is so, so very fucked its possibly broken for good. I dont really care for Bury (they're like Wigan but I have more respect for them, because of my age), we cant complain because we had our time in the sun. 

BUT - if this is how it is. The modern game wont last long.

Not without Bury, Notts County, Coventry, Us and all other clubs tettering on the edge...

Rant over

Ratwhite 

Atherton aged 52 and 3/4 

Great post as others have said, I had to respond to say I'm Atherton born and bred and am also 52 and 3/4 so I'd be surprised if our paths haven't crossed at some point near Punch Bowl or Bacca Shop or playing primary school footie against each other.

3 minutes ago, Matty said:

Late winner from Bassini after using Kamani to front it 

Bassini's got a piece of paper proving he owns the hotel. He's no idea where it is, but he's sure he's got it somewhere.

Update: some kid's just found a piece of paper saying he owns a hotel.

Edited by wakey

David Lee on social media with Paul heathcote at some new restaurant he’s launched

I have been hearing that Lee has become unpopular at the club; how true it is I don’t know

But this posing with a bloke who supposedly ripped BWFC off and was in and out of court with us....is that a deliberate thing and an indication of taking sides in something behind the scenes?

Or has he just gone for a swanky meal?

I may be starting to read too much into everything BWFC related, but there seems to be so many duplicitous actors in this whole farce I guess that’s not surprising 

Just now, jules_darby said:

David Lee on social media with Paul heathcote at some new restaurant he’s launched

I have been hearing that Lee has become unpopular at the club; how true it is I don’t know

But this posing with a bloke who supposedly ripped BWFC off and was in and out of court with us....is that a deliberate thing and an indication of taking sides in something behind the scenes?

I may be starting to read too much into everything BWFC related, but there seems to be so many duplicitous actors in this whole farce I guess that’s not surprising 

David Lee duplicitous. The irony for a winger with one trick. 😀

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

It was Ken who was saying that Heathcoates had been ripping the club off, fuck knows what if any truth is in it 

Big Sam was on about that opening night when he was on Talk sport 

Have found it odd that Lee has not been about much, or Phillips for that matter. Spooner and McCann took the Coventry game 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

It was Ken who was saying that Heathcoates had been ripping the club off, fuck knows what if any truth is in it 

Big Sam was on about that opening night when he was on Talk sport 

Have found it odd that Lee has not been about much, or Phillips for that matter. Spooner and McCann took the Coventry game 

Can’t take much from what Allardyce says on TS - he’s shocking, but there’s defo been a fall out somewhere around the Academy; possibly JP on one side (poss with others) and Lee/McGinlay/Kelly on the other.

They may not be diametrically opposed, but I don’t think it’s exactly harmonious 

9 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

A lot of truth in it from what I’ve been told. 

Also heard that Lee was not a popular manager for the U23s despite the relative success. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Can’t take much from what Allardyce says on TS - he’s shocking, but there’s defo been a fall out somewhere around the Academy; possibly JP on one side (poss with others) and Lee/McGinlay/Kelly on the other.

They may not be diametrically opposed, but I don’t think it’s exactly harmonious 

Like I said

McGinlay forever taking pops at PP

McGinlay and Lee best mates

Lee's piece that completely undermined PP

Total breakdown in their relationship

5 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Some statement that custard, albeit the public sector it's not what it used to be, it has some way of catching up to the private sector when it comes to ethics, but you keep waffling on lad.

Thanks for the 'lad' compliment.

There are plenty of scoundrels in business but there are also plenty in the public sector as Dr Peter Duffy, Dr Haley Dare, Dr David Drew, Dr Phil Hammond, JamesTitcombe, Sharmila Choudury and many many others have testified. But I don't suppose that any of these names will be familiar to those whose imagination cannot stretch beyond a football match on a Saturday afternoon