Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Greatest Bolton goal scored at the Reebok/Macron/Unibol

dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Nolan goal vs Tottenham on the half volley was a screamer,Ā think in 2005 season. Favourite goal Jay Jay against West HamĀ 

He got a roasting off Allardyce for shooting from outside the box. The sports scientists had worked out that it gave a greater chance of scoring if the ball was taken into the goal area and the whole team had been banned from distant shots.

• Moderators

skil wise: Okocha's 2nd free kick v Villa (edit: closely followed by M Davies v Blackpool)

importance wise: Okocha v West Ham

reaction wise: Holden V Blackburn

Edited by ZicoKelly

Some greatĀ goals already mentioned. Got to say that Nobby Nolan scored some crackers for us. Was he one of BSAs best achievements player wise?

TheĀ Okocha free kick one in league cup just about wins it for me. I was sat right behind it and never seen anyone do that before or since.

All of the above but from memory it's worth chipping in with Michael Johansen's goal against Bury (the first of a brace) in a 4-0 win in 1998.

Not a spectacular goal but one that sticks in my mind is IvanĀ Klasnic spinning on a ball that was coming high over his shoulder at home against StokeĀ and thundering it in. Short range goal but an incredible piece of skill and dead-eyed finishing. Sparked the Stoke fans to try to get in the home end!Ā 

I quite enjoyed a couple of goals in a 4-0 home win over Blackburn a few years ago. A screamer from Spearing and Andre Moritz leathering in the fourth from about 22 yards.

48 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

All of the above but from memory it's worth chipping in with Michael Johansen's goal against Bury (the first of a brace) in a 4-0 win in 1998.

That was one I hadn't seen again since the moment it went in until recently and then the club dug it out and put it on Twitter. Same with Eidur's against Charlton in the FA Cup QF. Footage from that era doesn't sound the easiest to track down.

A favourite of mine from round that time was Johansen's against Ipswich in the play offs. God I loved that bloke.

All time favourites from the ground though, I can't look past the ones already mentioned of Okocha's various hits. One v West Ham shades it for me simply due to the camera panning to the bloke in the crowd mid swear.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Eidurs v Wimbledon was as good as youā€™ll see.

As for favourite, Wilbraham is the best goal celebration Iā€™ve been involved in at the reebok by a long way.Ā 

Should contact the club and ask for CCTV footage of the crowd of that goal, TV cameras don't do the scenes justice.

See also Barnsley away a couple of weeks earlier!

Edited by Marc505

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Should contact the club and ask for CCTV footage of the crowd of that goal, TV cameras don't do the scenes justice.

See also Barnsley away a couple of weeks earlier!

Christ Iā€™d love to see that.Ā 

23 hours ago, Walkden White said:

Ā 

TheĀ Okocha free kick one in league cup just about wins it for me. I was sat right behind it and never seen anyone do that before or since.

Ā 

You must have been sitting near me then, because I was right behind it too and it surprised me as much as it did Villa. Cracker of a goal.

Think the Mark Davies goal v Blackpool was better because it was one of the rare times that everybody knew where everyone was and as team goals go it was almost psychic.

Elmander's v Wolves was brilliant too for the fancy footwork and cool finish.

Davies goal wins it for me because it so many players were involved.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Ā 

Think the Mark Davies goal v Blackpool was better because it was one of the rare times that everybody knew where everyone was and as team goals go it was almost psychic.

Ā 

We've not completed that many passes over the whole of this season šŸ˜Š

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

whether you hate Coyle orĀ not, there was a month or so there where we played the best footy I've seen us play and going to the match was fucking ace

Edited by ZicoKelly

4 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

You must have been sitting near me then, because I was right behind it too and it surprised me as much as it did Villa. Cracker of a goal.

Davies goal wins it for me because it so many players were involved.

Did we establish that Elmander's goal wasn't at the Reebok?

• Moderators
7 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

whether you hate Coyle orĀ not, there was a month or so there where we played the best footy I've seen us play and going to the match was fucking ace

It was a fantastic month

Even as somebody who detests the man, back then I was one of a minority who appreciated that Blackpool game

Could've been 15 apiece

There was the Newcastle win when elmander destroyed collocini

And away at Wolves

Ā 

But generally, when we did well under Coyle, it wasn't at that level of performance

No shame in that, mind