Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

57 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

WHO - “Right China, we’re getting some shit about your Death Toll numbers”

China “How come?”

WHO “The virus came from China, you have a population of 1.4 billion, and only 3000 have died, when in New York 7000 miles away 12,000 people have died , and you’re still eating bats and pangolin... Are you eating Bat right now?”

China “hmm hmm.”

WHO “Just maybe leave off the bat for a few months”

China “Ok”

WHO “ Right so give us some real numbers”

China “50”

WHO “50,000?”

China “50%”

WHO “For fucks sake China”

that sounds like the sort of conversation i have most days 🤣

• Members
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

that sounds like the sort of conversation i have most days 🤣

I’ve got a couple of contacts in Sichuan When I first started speaking to them I asked my boss Can they speak English because I can’t speak Mandarin, yeah course they can.

Could they shite.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think I’m going to use this time to explore a complete new career move, had time to reflect and a change is needed 

Loads required to pick food!

Joking aside, get a job based as much as possible outside.

You'll not want to go back inside.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That’s so true. I hate when I occasionally work inside now. Even shite weather doesn’t even bother me.

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yeah had an outside job many moons ago and loved it 

just our inconsistent weather was a problem 

but makes you feel miles better I found 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

That’s so true. I hate when I occasionally work inside now. Even shite weather doesn’t even bother me.

When I first went on the grass for the council, I basically needed to take a job. Was struggling to get back into chemical related work and needed some money.

After a while, I applied for another job, and eventually got it. What a fucking faff it was to get it, and in the 3rd interview, the chap who would be my new gaffer let slip what he thought of the MD.

Went back to work with a lot to mull over. A colleague said "do you want to go back inside, I'm not sure you do?".

Great insight on his part: I declined the new job!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

In the words of the big yin- "there's no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong choice of clothes!" :)

21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but Virgin and BT were both taking on (engineers, you get fully trained up, a van and good discounts on their packages) 

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but Virgin and BT were both taking on (engineers, you get fully trained up, a van and good discounts on their packages) 

Cheers mate

a mate sent me a link to the BT one and it looks good and the training program looks interesting 

3 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Why are the police involved.

Am I missing something?

They were all lined down the bridge sirens blaring and honking their horns.

I thought it was like one of those old videos that people post at first. It appears to be genuine.

Darwin awards aplenty for the knobbers not distancing 

1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

They were all lined down the bridge sirens blaring and honking their horns.

I thought it was like one of those old videos that people post at first. It appears to be genuine.

Darwin awards aplenty for the knobbers not distancing 

We can blame politicians, WHO and whoever else we feel like but the general public must be up for a lot of the blame. Fukin brain dead tards.

13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Cheers mate

a mate sent me a link to the BT one and it looks good and the training program looks interesting 

Good company to work for, they have pathways to other jobs too, so if you fancy a Role change theres lots of other things you can train yourself up and apply for once you're in.  

19 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I have to deal with Virgin a lot with work, my god they are shite

I've been in telecoms for 25 years, refused to deal with them for the last 5, rather lose business, their back office is like the Bermuda triangle. They're ok for home broadband and TV, for businesses they're dog turd.

13 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think I’m going to use this time to explore a complete new career move, had time to reflect and a change is needed 

I looked at doing that when I was disillusioned at my last company, sadly, I've been in the same industry since i left school, so pretty much for 30 years. The problem I had was that looking to move into another industry, involved me starting at the  bottom and probably taking a 50% pay cut......so it was a non starter really. Fortunately, I left that company, and my new company is ace, so all is well at the minute

Part of me would still like to become a postman or something like that, but the pay makes it unrealistic unfortunately. I'll just have to wait for a big lottery win (I'm hindered on that front as well, as I've not bought a ticket for about 3 years)

12 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

This clapping the NHS reminds me of the poppy stuff. Half the folk doing it are just trying to outdo each other. 

indeed, last night, the people across the road from us have a load of strobing blue disco lights and a bubble machine on the go - the fucking weirdos

Been a structural engineer for 22 years, and now getting a bit bored with it. Find it very stressful too. Used to do my own drawings so thought why not retrain in Revit which is 3D, very powerful software and a new challenge. So self funded a Revit course. Salary wise it's crazy what they earn considering no design responsibility. 

When I moved here, all recruitment agents wouldn't even bother returning my calls. No experience, no chance. 

Edited by jayjayoghani

12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I looked at doing that when I was disillusioned at my last company, sadly, I've been in the same industry since i left school, so pretty much for 30 years. The problem I had was that looking to move into another industry, involved me starting at the  bottom and probably taking a 50% pay cut......so it was a non starter really. Fortunately, I left that company, and my new company is ace, so all is well at the minute

Part of me would still like to become a postman or something like that, but the pay makes it unrealistic unfortunately. I'll just have to wait for a big lottery win (I'm hindered on that front as well, as I've not bought a ticket for about 3 years)

Yes probably 75% of my working life in the same industry couple of changes along the way but straight from school like yourself 

good friend & poster off here pointed me in the direction of something different but as I found out at the interview not for me

postman would be great love my own company but like you say just the wage drop