Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

You said you’d go with what was safe, now you are disagreeing with yourself, Mick.

Perhaps stick with hindsight, it’s safer there!

😅

How am I disagreeing with myself?

I'd go with what's safe. Dom's safe might not be safe. 

Keep up man😀

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

The general public is twitter, and plenty take notice of the news

You seen the videos of that gangster's funeral in manc?

Plenty folk are itching for an opportunity to fuck it all off

I'd be thinking June to start relaxing restrictions if the numbers continue to fall

That means we're probably about half way through

No way we're seeing full cooperation till then

The general public is not Twitter. The general election proved that. I haven’t seen the gangster funeral. I’m guessing that 90% of the population of the U.K. haven’t seen it either. That’s a guess by the way but I’ll probably be pretty near.

27 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Boris is back tomorrow to steady the ship. 

It’s probably naive of me to think that politics would be put to one side during this unprecedented crisis but it’s always there. Always probing.  Undermining and hindering the efforts of the government and health services. 

Boris steady?

I'll believe that when I see it. He's a charlatan and a chancer (in my opinion, of course)

8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Most building suppliers will be open round here tomorrow. That’s been the only thing stopping most tradesmen working, not the lockdown.

loads will be back to work tomorrow. 

Good, they’ve always been ok to work if it was safe.

Hopefully it is safe.

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Boris steady?

I'll believe that when I see it. He's a charlatan and a chancer (in my opinion, of course)

Your previous assessment of yourself does not encourage anyone to take your assessment of the Prime Minister too seriously. 
In my opinion of course.

Just now, Boby Brno said:

Your previous assessment of yourself does not encourage anyone to take your assessment of the Prime Minister too seriously. 
In my opinion of course.

I've been told stories about him that would make even you question him being left in charge of a dog, never mind a country.

And I said we're all knobheads ballooning on a footie message board. That includes you too.😀

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Most building suppliers will be open round here tomorrow. That’s been the only thing stopping most tradesmen working, not the lockdown.

Don’t blame them, as long as they practice social distancing and act sensibly, it’s time to unwind this lockdown in the next few weeks. 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

How am I disagreeing with myself?

I'd go with what's safe. Dom's safe might not be safe. 

Keep up man😀

No one's safe might be safe. But if your opinion matched it, then obviously it would be.

Therein is the point, Dom ought to have far more valuable input than us on here, and it won't be from a scientific point of view. That doesn't mean it's not valuable. Nor does it mean he shouldn't be there because he's viewed in a dim light by some.

It's like having a bloke you don't like as manager of bwfc, if he's doing a decent job it doesn't matter.

In these historic times, I don't care who is invited to join as they will have something to offer if they have been. It's too big and important for them not to be.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Good, they’ve always been ok to work if it was safe.

Hopefully it is safe.

Indeed, I’ve said all along there have places that had no reason to close. 

There have been plenty not working who could’ve cracked on no problem. 

Why on earth did builders supplies close yet sites remained open?

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They've been gradually easing back. Hopefully I should be ok for a tonne bag of soil improver tomorrow- trade can collect from the yard.

Initially, the place was closed.

Interestingly, the numbers of people in the food delivery chain off sick/isolating was 20% not so long back. Now down to between 6 and 10%.

Assuming this is reflected elsewhere, maybe companies now have enough staff available to open, albeit in a limited way.

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Indeed, I’ve said all along there have places that had no reason to close. 

There have been plenty not working who could’ve cracked on no problem. 

Why on earth did builders supplies close yet sites remained open?

Fear, I think

Employees worried about their safety, furlough income in the offing, take the safe ,short term, option.

19 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I've been told stories about him that would make even you question him being left in charge of a dog, never mind a country.

And I said we're all knobheads ballooning on a footie message board. That includes you too.😀

Beware stories from unknown sources.

This is a story being spread in Australia.

According to genealogy records, the Prince of Wales is a distant descendant of Vlad the Impaler, the man who Bram Stoker’s Dracula was inspired by.

I copied and pasted this from a web site. 
It may be true but I doubt it.

I do not relate to being a knobhead. You may disagree.

• Site Supporter

Reckon the lockdown will end mid June (when the shielded go back), 

kids won't be back in school this year though. Huge spreaders..

I agree with MB (for once), i'm all for the science.. but if those decisions are being headed by a spin doctor rather than level headed thinking.. then it's a no..

Not sure who is actually saying anyone is the head of anything? I’ve not seen one thing since this started that led me to believe there was any person in particular holding sway in this, in terms of devising the strategy. Obviously boris has the final say as should be the case but I’m not seeing him as either an autocrat or someone who isn’t bringing in the relevant experts and importantly is listening to them 

My take is that it’s a group of several people and various organizations represented that are then formulating opinions which are then discussed with the government and a strategy agreed upon 

maybe I’m reading it all wrong of course. Or maybe my take on it isn’t something that can be sensationalized into something it’s not  

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not sure who is actually saying anyone is the head of anything? I’ve not seen one thing since this started that led me to believe there was any person in particular holding sway in this, in terms of devising the strategy. Obviously boris has the final say as should be the case but I’m not seeing him as either an autocrat or someone who isn’t bringing in the relevant experts and importantly is listening to them 

My take is that it’s a group of several people and various organizations represented that are then formulating opinions which are then discussed with the government and a strategy agreed upon 

maybe I’m reading it all wrong of course. Or maybe my take on it isn’t something that can be sensationalized into something it’s not  

Bang on.

Hugely complex system of government, and something like this is no different. Needs all sorts involved to get the best possible outcome.

29 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

According to genealogy records, the Prince of Wales is a distant descendant of Vlad the Impaler, the man who Bram Stoker’s Dracula was inspired by.

Not an unknown source or the internet. And I might

Edited by mickbrown

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

13747f4522aceecf82b7e5cc12efa6cb.jpg