Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
5 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Surely they aren’t expecting much of an influx due to Winter Flu? 

So far this year only 300 have died from flu (if numbers are to be believed) vs the normal average of 17,000

I’d imagine the restrictions in place for Covid will also reduce Winter Flu transmission, both here and abroad, I wonder if the Southern Hemisphere Winter Flu was lower this year? That normally comes our way 

Add that to the fact 30m are being vaccinated for it this Winter this year vs the usual 15m and I doubt Hospitals have anything to worry about that way 

If you are 136 and have flu and covid, youre listed as a covid death

• Moderators

Tier 3 for me

Can't say I'm arsed

Nursery open and so is the gym

Can get those I wanted to round for Christmas

I can still buy beer as much as I'd like to see my mates

Might sneak one round on NYE

But i can wait for socializing

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Tier 3 for me

Can't say I'm arsed

Nursery open and so is the gym

Can get those I wanted to round for Christmas

I can still buy beer as much as I'd like to see my mates

Might sneak one round on NYE

But i can wait for socializing

Pretty much, yes.

Shouldn't be for too much longer either.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

£1500 a day easy on intensive care.

Still better than it was a couple of weeks back. We'd have been in a really bad place by now other than for this lockdown.

Blackburn is pretty much double Bolton. They are rammed and have been for a few weeks.

Tentative signs are it is slowly getting better.

Many London boroughs are showing spikes but their numbers are still quite low in comparison, let's see in a fortnight how the land lies.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As the impact on the NHS is on the list of criteria for how they decide on tiers, doesn’t the London tier decision just show how many hospital beds per capita compared to the rest of the country?

Or how many beds they currently have spare?

11 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

if he'd have been patient like the scousers he wouldn't have had to but he went in all gung ho trying to be 'billy big bollocks

That you believe the government would punish millions of people to spite one Labour politician... surely that's a far bigger issue than anything Burnham might have done?

• Moderators

It doesn't overly bother me. I have no interest in going out for a beer and having to have a meal.

The football bit is a bit shit, but so would 2000 fans in a 28,000 stadium. Bet off at home with IFollow and soccer saturday.

Not really arsed

50 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hoping this new tier system and areas locked down unnecessarily is kicked out next week.  The red wall is watching. 

Does that still actually exist?

Anyway, I don't think it'll get kicked out next week. I don't think MPs will be officially whipped, but they'll be told that it has to pass, and then reviewed in two weeks, with the promise that reduced/reducing numbers will see most places drop a tier.

Edited by Sweep

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Have a look at the link on JDW RNS today.

He's always complaining about something that bloke, he's right in this instance though. Having said that us be quite happy for a lot of his Pikey pubs to close down, they recently opened up a "flagship" pub and hotel in our local town, and they started selling ale at £1.29 a pint, which sadly has forced the closure of a few decent "local" pubs. Still, that's market forces/conditions I suppose.