Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

We’ve just been sent an email that every employee working from home will be paid the £312 tax free wfh allowance in December’s wages. Lovely wee treat that for all the staff. Quite a good way of doing it as well taking the hassle away from dealing with hmrc. 

anyone else had this from their employer?

9 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Do they not get 20% of the £312 (or whatever their tax rate is) ? There was some talk about it at ours but we've ended up with only 1.5 people wfh in the end so I'm not up to speed with how it might be now.

I’m honestly not sure how it works tbh. I’ve seen but of chat about it but given small amounts and my loathing of dealing with hmrc I just didn’t bother. 

but I’ve confirmed this Morning with HR we are all getting it within our company and it’s a tax free payment. If folk have already claimed tax relief they will still get the payment but need to then liaise with hmrc for adjustments to me made to tax code etc. nice little bonus for folk and will no doubt help a number of the lower paid employees at Xmas. 

• Members
30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If that's true that is proper funny, I wonder if they can use the facilities and if some 3rd rate artist like Chesney 'Wagon Wheel' Hawkes will be performing for them. 

It’s a David Bowie Tribute act tonight, the guy who does it is a carpenter by day, he’s called Ziggy Sawdust

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Roflcopter at Wales. What a farce 

From what I can gather every man and his dog is classed as essential at the moment (florists ffs). 

Road traffic is normal as it has been since September this week.

This ain't no lockdown.

I thought this today, roads have been busy before and after work,

Firework shop in farnworth open and selling... because they're essential...

So basically the big brand shops are closed pubs restaurants and gyms. fat lot of good that's gonna do!

Getting really grim at work with kids being taken out of lessons throughout the day to isolate due to track/trace. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, stevieb said:

From what I can gather every man and his dog is classed as essential at the moment (florists ffs). 

This ain't no lockdown.

So basically the big brand shops are closed pubs restaurants and gyms. fat lot of good that's gonna do!

Getting really grim at work with kids being taken out of lessons throughout the day to isolate due to track/trace. 

13 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

I live on a main road. For 3 weeks in lockdown 1 it felt like the only vehicles passing were ambulances. 

This isn't that. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

This ain't no lockdown.

The Wales figures do look odd at initial glance. However, look at NI figures. They went into lokdown earlier, and their figures still went up before falling later. Maybe Wales will follow suit.

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The Wales figures do look odd at initial glance. However, look at NI figures. They went into lokdown earlier, and their figures still went up before falling later. Maybe Wales will follow suit.

Time will tell.

A lockdown will work, eventually. Not a 2 week one though. The so called circuit or fire breaker. Wales now have a big decision to make. Their figures at the end of their lockdown are higher than when they started it. Where do they go now?

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

A lockdown will work, eventually. Not a 2 week one though. The so called circuit or fire breaker. Wales now have a big decision to make. Their figures at the end of their lockdown are higher than when they started it. Where do they go now?

2 weeks might well not be enough. But it is possible for numbers to be going up before the effects come into play. 

Strangely though, iirc, their numbers when they went into lockdown, were lower than ours when going into tier 3.

Graphs you put up previously, showed tier 3 starting to work; so on that basis, you'd expect a 2 week one to be of some benefit. 

Not sure how long NI went in for, but it does appear from the numbers that their's may have been successful.

Not sure what, if anything, all this means other than its now down to people to slow it down.

Can we do a poll? 

Theoretically Lock down is til March:

1 - Ill adhere 100% til there's a vaccine 

2 - Ill wear a mask and wfh if possible but still visit others when I want to 

3 -  It's a plandemic sack it all off. David icke was right. 

Feel free to add your 'half' measures between the options! 🤣