Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Mine will be going in,  I feel it’s safe enough for the younger ones. 

Wife’s back in a week early to prepare for her secondary lot coming back in, some teachers at her gaff have had a moan about going in, funnily enough some of them who are moaning had holidays abroad too!

The only bugger is the daughter starts primary on the 7th and they’ve specified a one parent drop off only, despite them staggering reception starts over two weeks, there are only 10 of them starting on the first day of reception. Which for us isn't too much of an issue as we've already done the first day at school thing with the lad but for others parents it’s a big thing and a one off experience Coupled with the anxiety some parents must be feeling the school situation the school are being very stubborn but I fully understand the reasoning for it. 

They need to be back in. Lads coped really well but you can see he is missing the social element massively. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Get those MPs back in then we’ll chat. 

They're on summer recess. Bit like teachers.

As you're perfectly aware, schools aren't going back to anything like pre covid situation. Neither are businesses, pubs etc. Why would Parliament be any different.

In fact them not leading by example would anger folk. 

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

They're on summer recess. Bit like teachers.

As you're perfectly aware, schools aren't going back to anything like pre covid situation. Neither are businesses, pubs etc. Why would Parliament be any different.

In fact them not leading by example would anger folk. 

Because they are a set of fuckers? 

Bet you anything you want they ain’t back when they should be. Well, a pint at least😀

Edited by mickbrown

Don’t fine the parents, it’s a personal choice 

But who is supporting that family then? If f the kids aren’t at school then one or both parents aren’t working 

Make your own choice to keep them off, but support yourself. Don’t be pushing for more furlough / the state supporting your decision 

Same as any teacher who doesn’t fancy taking what’s a very small risk. If you don’t want to come in that’s fine, just take an unpaid sabbatical until your ready to return to work 

• Site Supporter

Doubt anyone with a head on their shoulders is concerned about their kids going back to school and catching Covid - isn't this the main issue people have?

EgLVaiuX0AUVyOz.jpg

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

Doubt anyone with a head on their shoulders is concerned about their kids going back to school - surely this is the issue innit?

EgLVaiuX0AUVyOz.jpg

Kids are down the park, down the Asda, already mixing with other kids and still seeing granny

School won’t make a difference 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Kids are down the park, down the Asda, already mixing with other kids and still seeing granny

All that's mostly outdoors though (or at least it is in my kids' cases), rather than spending 6 and a half hours in the same room with 30 other people. Mine are definitely going back, and I'm happy about it for their sake more than anything else. Sure it'll all be fine. Probably just keep them away from the elderly inlaws for a couple of months until the dust settles.

Edited by Cheese

7 hours ago, Spider said:

Simple answer is, don’t go and see Grandma then 

Rather than not going and getting an Education which one turn stops your parents working 

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Doubt anyone with a head on their shoulders is concerned about their kids going back to school and catching Covid - isn't this the main issue people have?

EgLVaiuX0AUVyOz.jpg

Simple answer would surely be, don’t go and see Grandma then 

Rather than not going to school to get an education 

Edited by birch-chorley

14 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Simple answer would surely be, don’t go and see Grandma then 

Rather than not going to school to get an education 

Bit tricky for our Asian friends when theyre all in the same bed. 

Just now, gonzo said:

Bit tricky for our Asian friends when theyre all in the same bed. 

Just had a look, only 6% of U.K. households are multigenerational, only 2% of households have grandparents living at home 

So 98% don’t have to worry about going home and infecting Grandma 

Just give her a ring rather than not going in and getting an Education 

https://www.ft.com/content/c557bac6-885c-11e9-97ea-05ac2431f453

According to research by Cambridge university, 6.8 per cent (or 1.8m) of UK households were made up of several generations of adults in 2013/14, up nearly 40 per cent since 2009/10 — though these were largely two generations of adults (a graduate child, say, returning to their parents). Households such as the Rolfes’ (three generations) numbered 419,000 in 2013 — up from 325,000 in 2001.

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They’ve more chance of giving them noro virus or actual flu to see them off this winter. 

More chance of kids dying in a RTA on the way to school than from the virus.

Mentalists

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Because they are a set of fuckers? 

Bet you anything you want they ain’t back when they should be. Well, a pint at least😀

I'll do that. Except I don't drink.

Remember, JRM wanted them all in, against advice. It was overturned and video links and distant voting was allowed.

They'll be back, following covid guidelines, at the proper time. Guaranteed. Send the pint money to nhs charity.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

More chance of kids dying in a RTA on the way to school than from the virus.

Mentalists

To be fair that is because we take every precaution possible when people are driving. 
I think kids should go back btw but if you use that comparison you could compare wearing a mask to wearing a seatbelt. Not that much of a pain, everyone complained when it was introduced but now it is just what we do. 
See Govt have changed their minds on face masks in school. But the Education Secretary is still in a job. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

inject this in to my veins 

Of course, another take on all the figures he quotes could be "Precautionary measures are working".

It's a fucking giant leap to believe every government on the planet has collaborated in a global conspiracy to "take away our freedom" by asking us politely to wear a mask sometimes. 

Edited by Cheese

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

inject this in to my veins 

That accent is proper grating. Is there really a more irritating and fuck dull nation on earth than the Australians. I've never met a single one of them who isn't as dull as fuck, like with this video, after about 30 seconds, you can't help but tune out and start wishing they'd hurry up and finish whatever it is they're droning on about and fuck off

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'll do that. Except I don't drink.

Remember, JRM wanted them all in, against advice. It was overturned and video links and distant voting was allowed.

They'll be back, following covid guidelines, at the proper time. Guaranteed. Send the pint money to nhs charity.

Well they’ve got until next Tuesday. We’ll see. 

45 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That accent is proper grating. Is there really a more irritating and fuck dull nation on earth than the Australians. I've never met a single one of them who isn't as dull as fuck, like with this video, after about 30 seconds, you can't help but tune out and start wishing they'd hurry up and finish whatever it is they're droning on about and fuck off

I don't like how they don't let you answer questions yourself.

What's your favourite colour, blue?
What do you like watching, sport?