Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

V E Day

Spider

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Thought it was a nice thing to do putting a few bunting pics in the window with the child, my neighbour has trumped me, he has the biggest Union Jack, lest we forget giant flag, more bunting than the jubilee, an army flag, looks like a BNP HQ 

Just put a massive USSR flag out.

That’ll get his juices flowing.

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite impressed with the efforts.

Bit of a street celebration near the in-laws, a decent sized one up affetside, with folk in 40s clothing.

Hawkshaw has its scarecrows dressed accordingly.

whats with all the Scarecrows there is a load on Newbrook road even one of Captain Tom looks ace

Been dropping essentials at the MIL today in chorley. Street party in full flow, one guy with a big PA system blasting 40s songs out,bunting everywhere and people sat in their front gardens. Top effort. 

Had churchills speech on at one point I got a bit emotional! 

My grandad is 94. Served in the reconnaissance corps in Italy and Africa. Hasn't got a clue what day it is these days but he's a hero. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, little whitt said:

whats with all the Scarecrows there is a load on Newbrook road even one of Captain Tom looks ace

They’re the locals from Tyldesley on their daily exercise.

8 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

The most decisive victory of WW11 was the Battle of Britain. The Yanks hadn’t even entered the war. Hitler gave up his invasion plans of the U.K. and his ability to push further east stalled due to the Luftwaffe being decimated giving the Russians the advantage. 
Mainly British pilots of course but also pilots from other commonwealth countries as well as exiled Czechs and Poles. After returning to Czechoslovakia some of the pilots were imprisoned or forced into hard labour by the communists because of their exposure to western values.

Well said sir! It’s amazing some folk seem to want to bash the U.K. at each and every opportunity. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Well said sir! It’s amazing some folk seem to want to bash the U.K. at each and every opportunity. 

Some folk. I’ll assume that’s aimed at me for suggesting we had some help from our allies.

Dont worry, we’re still the greatest nation on earth, but occasionally it’s nice to have some friends on your shoulder. Let’s not forget them whilst we’re celebrating.

You’re awfully touchy nowadays.

Edited by Spider

14 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

And that's why I love my country and its people, and that's why all the nay sayers and people who just love to bring my country down can just FUCK OFF.

Hear, hear!

• Site Supporter

Just been out for my daily exercise on the bike.

Heard a racket from a nearby estate.

Some cunt had got a bouncy castle on the street. Kids all over it.

Unreal.

Just now, Spider said:

Just been out for my daily exercise on the bike.

Heard a racket from a nearby estate.

Some cunt had got a bouncy castle on the street. Kids all over it.

Unreal.

Do you think they googled it on their phone to ask for directions to it though so it will be tracked in the daily mobility statistics? This is the key thing here 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Been at a job this afternoon, and the music blurting out from the nearby party was varied but modern. No 40s type stuff.

At one point they played Enola Gay followed by Dancing with tears in my eyes. Good tunes but perhaps not the most appropriate.

Indeed, Enola Gay should have been held back for VJ Day

💣

Edited by boltondiver