Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Glitter & The Glitter band

Underpants

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Good Knee said:

On my first holiday without parents to Torquay in 1973 I got with a girl from Bolton fit she was ,we hired a rowing boat in the harbour and rowed around the yachts,that nonce  and his band were on board one and she spotted em and started screaming and they beckoned us on board I said fuck that thinking they'd be after her but with hindsight it was my arse I saved, happy days .

Anyway back to the point his music if you can call it music was shite then, and its shiter still now,irrespective of him being an horrible cunt.

Saw them in Nottingham at a Christmas concert in the 1980s... they were fkkin brilliant. Gary Glitter was in total control of the crowd, his eyes never left you. I didn't give a toss about his personal life or vices... I went to be entertained and my couple of quid was well spent.

53 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Saw them in Nottingham at a Christmas concert in the 1980s... they were fkkin brilliant. Gary Glitter was in total control of the crowd, his eyes never left you. I didn't give a toss about his personal life or vices... I went to be entertained and my couple of quid was well spent.

What a post to peep your head above the parapet for. 

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Did he have any known vices back then?

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Dimron said:

Wow

• Site Supporter

Dear Dimron, if you stick around, you’ll know to ignore anyone asking who sang Tiger Feet. You’ll probably hear the same joke at least twice a year. 

By the way, did you hear about the singer, Sophie Ellis-Bextor being found dead at the home of former French football star, Zinedin Zidane?

11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Back in the day Sweet, Mud and Slade were brilliant. Early forerunners of a big change in the music scene. 

Gary Glitter and The Glitter Band were just a comedy act. Nowt else

my claim to fame was being asked to dance on stage with Mud at Bolton Town Hall, it was at our NHS Christmas party.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

my claim to fame was being asked to dance on stage with Mud at Bolton Town Hall, it was at our NHS Christmas party.

My own claim to fame was singing on stage at Bolton Town Hall to Dana on her show.