Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In America

Zico

I heard a brief excerpt yesterday from the NRA conference. The language being used struck me as being clever and manipulative. 

Law abiding responsible gun owners.

Creating distance between themselves and the horrific incidents. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Morizio said:

I heard a brief excerpt yesterday from the NRA conference. The language being used struck me as being clever and manipulative. 

Law abiding responsible gun owners.

Creating distance between themselves and the horrific incidents. 

They’re thick as fucking mince.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

They’re thick as fucking mince.

I saw a time line of events earlier which if true would put the cops in the same bracket. 

90 mins before anyone attempted to get into the room he was in. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I saw a time line of events earlier which if true would put the cops in the same bracket. 

90 mins before anyone attempted to get into the room he was in. 

9A24163F-5208-4A0E-BE8B-AD1664D70F21.webp

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Winchester White said:

You make a good point, you can pick them up for $500 apparently. So he spent at least a grand on the weapons and I bet ammo isn't cheap.

What is mad is that at 18 in Texas he could buy an AR-15 but not a hand gun (federal law is 21) or a beer for that matter.

If you're going out like that you've probably taken a loan or put it on a credit card

On 27/05/2022 at 08:10, Nordkurve said:

Read this snippet yesterday on Popbitch and it's true: In Texas it is illegal to own more than six Dildos, but you can own as many Guns/Rifles as you like. What a fucked up place and what a bizarre law in the first place. Who thinks this shit up ?

Ted Cruz probably.  He was blaming open doors the other day for the Ulvade shootings. Should have just been one door in and one door out with a bloody big security guard on according to Ted. 

Never mind stuff like fire regs etc it's just another deflection from the simple fact that too many people have access to horrendous weapons. Why can't they see that? Even opposing background checks. And them the NRA has a massive conference 80 miles away and these morons can't see anything wrong with that. Trump can fuck off as well the repulsive shysyter.

10 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Ted Cruz probably.  He was blaming open doors the other day for the Ulvade shootings. Should have just been one door in and one door out with a bloody big security guard on according to Ted. 

Never mind stuff like fire regs etc it's just another deflection from the simple fact that too many people have access to horrendous weapons. Why can't they see that? Even opposing background checks. And them the NRA has a massive conference 80 miles away and these morons can't see anything wrong with that. Trump can fuck off as well the repulsive shysyter.

No its one door in, loads of doors out , in this case the door that he got in through should have been closed but had been propped open by a teacher for some reason, as yet nothing as been said as to why the the armed resource officer was no where to be found.

Also from yesterday there was 19 police officers in the school corridor while this was going on for at least 40 mins, when the border patrol turned up they where told to stand down and stay back, they did for a short while and them seemed to say fuck it got the door key from the janitor ( bit of a novel concept) went in against orders from the local police and ended it

9 hours ago, Winchester White said:

You make a good point, you can pick them up for $500 apparently. So he spent at least a grand on the weapons and I bet ammo isn't cheap.

What is mad is that at 18 in Texas he could buy an AR-15 but not a hand gun (federal law is 21) or a beer for that matter.

or more than 6 sex toys

Guest Nordkurve
11 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Totally agree. Absolute fucking Morons in positions of power in places like Texas (and a whole host of other backward States in the U.S), and always deflecting the blame away from allowing nutters from buying Military Assault Rifles in the first place. 

12 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

No its one door in, loads of doors out , in this case the door that he got in through should have been closed but had been propped open by a teacher for some reason, as yet nothing as been said as to why the the armed resource officer was no where to be found.

Also from yesterday there was 19 police officers in the school corridor while this was going on for at least 40 mins, when the border patrol turned up they where told to stand down and stay back, they did for a short while and them seemed to say fuck it got the door key from the janitor ( bit of a novel concept) went in against orders from the local police and ended it

The idea that a school can operate with one door only as access has been pretty much dismissed by experts. Also pretty sure Cruz was advocating one door in one door out.Point is though the argument is to  deflect from the real problem here. Bit like blaming the police does as well

Will it be the police fault next time some fucked up loner with military grade hardware goes on the rampage?

• Members

Lots to love about the US but they are all fucking nuts. Even if a politician came along who was strong enough to bring in gun control, we all know he/she wouldn't last very long.

Trying to understand the American psyche is as much of an exercise in futility as trying to understand women. It is an impossible task so don't waste your valuable time or grey matter cells. Just accept it as it is and you'll be fine. Enjoy the bits which fascinate us and (mentally) consign the rest to the dustbin.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Traf said:

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Holidays 2022 post, but...

A client asked me for some info on Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Went on google and was presented with...

https://www.wbrz.com/news/police-man-broke-into-baton-rouge-business-tried-to-rape-dog/

Thought about going there on our roadtrip, booked a motel then looked into some more and it really didn't look much cop 

Proper industrial port town 

Went to Lafayette instead, very nice 

As you were

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Traf said:

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Holidays 2022 post, but...

A client asked me for some info on Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Went on google and was presented with...

https://www.wbrz.com/news/police-man-broke-into-baton-rouge-business-tried-to-rape-dog/

Kinell.

Shit guard dogs too. Should have transitioned him with a single bite.

On 29/05/2022 at 11:43, bolty58 said:

Lots to love about the US but they are all fucking nuts. Even if a politician came along who was strong enough to bring in gun control, we all know he/she wouldn't last very long.

Trying to understand the American psyche is as much of an exercise in futility as trying to understand @bolty58. It is an impossible task so don't waste your valuable time or grey matter cells. Just accept it as it is and you'll be fine. Enjoy the bits which fascinate us and (mentally) consign the rest to the dustbin.

😉

Not a bad post to be fair. Though I wouldn't put it past them that things could change. If nothing ever changed over there then Black folk would still be chained up.

It will take time & plenty steps backwards - but things could move forward.

• Members
16 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

😉

Not a bad post to be fair. Though I wouldn't put it past them that things could change. If nothing ever changed over there then Black folk would still be chained up.

It will take time & plenty steps backwards - but things could move forward.

If you find me difficult to understand Earth father I can only suggest you lay off the ganja and patchouli oil.

Black is black and white is white in my world matey but I suspect that you have been conditioned to avoid such simplicity at all costs.