Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Remember when Fergie took de Gea to old Trafford, and he got bullied at first.

Folk said he was shite etc.

Trafford is also very young.

Aye relegation battle for a young keeper is very much sink or swim. Traf at the minute is sinking maybe next year will be better for him was always a massive gamble for Kompany playing him over the established keeper in Muric.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe. Not ready for England if he’s not good enough at Burnley tho 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Big E said:

Maybe. Not ready for England if he’s not good enough at Burnley tho 

He's good enough. 

A defence isn't just one man, and the rest as a unit haven't been that good. Motd have, on more than one occasion, featured their poor defending and weakness at passing it out from the back.

Any keeper would have struggled there this season, and perhaps become a bit shot-shocked.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's good enough. 

A defence isn't just one man, and the rest as a unit haven't been that good. Motd have, on more than one occasion, featured their poor defending and weakness at passing it out from the back.

Any keeper would have struggled there this season, and perhaps become a bit shot-shocked.

A lot of rose tinted glasses. He’s made plenty of mistakes. He will be good but he’s not international ready yet 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be honest I never changed my opinion of De Gea, yes he made some fantastic saves, but overall I'd never have him as a top half Prem keeper.  Got bullied, seemed to concede a pea roller about once a month, and always seemed to get rewarded with a new contract!  A mystery to me how he was rated so highly but everyone has different opinions of players.  

Trafford really should have been playing in the Championship this season, learning his craft and working his way up gradually. He's gone from being behind a good defence that didn't give him much to do and when called up he was facing Div 3 strikers to now facing international players on a weekly basis behind one of the leakiest defences in football.

Loved Traff. Huge character & enjoyed his football. But he's been found out at Premiership level this year. Teams know how to discomfort him ... & he's behind a poor defence for that level.

This isn't his fault. He's 21, he'll be a great keeper but he's Championship level quality at present ... & learning at that.

Trafford is playing first team and on premier league wages. I’d say he got it bang right. Hopefully not next season mind. Would not be surprised if he gets picked up again in the summer. Good luck to him.

28 minutes ago, tomski said:

Trafford is playing first team and on premier league wages. I’d say he got it bang right. Hopefully not next season mind. Would not be surprised if he gets picked up again in the summer. Good luck to him.

Whatever his potential, nobody's going to give Burnley all or most of their money back based on potential - obviously not going to get another Prem club this year, and no Championship club has that money to spend on a keeper.  I'd expect him to start as No 1 for Burnley in the championship and he'll probably build up a good reputation in a team winning most weeks.

Then they'll get promoted and he'll be replaced 😃

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Whatever his potential, nobody's going to give Burnley all or most of their money back based on potential - obviously not going to get another Prem club this year, and no Championship club has that money to spend on a keeper.  I'd expect him to start as No 1 for Burnley in the championship and he'll probably build up a good reputation in a team winning most weeks.

Then they'll get promoted and he'll be replaced 😃

Bit like no one did with Ramsdale on a similar trajectory?

Im not sure why no one would pick him up. He may well stay but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for me.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, tomski said:

Aye 

Worked for Aaron Ramsdale 

Play well in a shit team, get a big move 

He's not done that, as it turns out but he's young and came through the ranks are city so he'll be good enough 

Not sure why anyone would opt for the championship when the PL is on offer, not if you believe in yourself