• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, little whitt said:

The thing is with that text 

it was 2011 

how many Phones he had since then 

and he must have Deleted shit 

whos found it and how 

after all this time 

Perhaps the person he sent it to decided having a famous person hand him a racist insult it may be rather lucrative in the future.

Four Greater Manchester Firemen have recently been sacked for racism.

One of them had said something and was hauled in and disciplined. His defence was along the lines of, “You’re disciplining me but what about this lot in a WhatsApp group, they once used the N-word and nobody got sacked. Why are you questioning me?”

Well, that implicated three further lads in a completely unrelated case, all got sacked. Two of them three or four years from retirement.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

If you are a witness to an accident, or some event that required you to describe the people involved to the police, I suppose you’d have to say that’s the safe ground?

If the people involved were a white bloke with dark hair, a white bloke with ginger hair, a black bloke with an Afro, an Chinese woman, an Arab fella, how would you describe them?

Eventually, we have to accept terms that allow us to actually fucking talk to one another,  without worrying we’ll end up being crucified on Twitter be some Perma-offended cunt in shit shoes and “zany” hair for overt racism.

A black person is a black person. A white person os a white person. A ginger is fucking rank. A Chinese person will have a slightly yellow hue to their skin, generally.

Its all fair.

Crawley is alright leave him alone 

• Site Supporter

When I was mid 20s, around 1994, I was working for a firm and we had a job on manc airport runway , to get airside you obviously had to show ID etc even then . 
now, my Irish background was known by my manager , and on a day a service of a machine was required there, he said , “can’t send you mate, it’s a security clearance thing You being Irish an all they might not let you in, they might think you have a bomb or something, it’s a high security area”

was the same when we had a job at RAF Sealand, I wasn’t allowed to go !

Not really connected but just imagine if someone said that today to an Asian lad or even an Irish lad , that they couldn’t do a job because they might blow the place up , there’d be uproar and it would be all over social media 

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Perhaps the person he sent it to decided having a famous person hand him a racist insult it may be rather lucrative in the future.

Four Greater Manchester Firemen have recently been sacked for racism.

One of them had said something and was hauled in and disciplined. His defence was along the lines of, “You’re disciplining me but what about this lot in a WhatsApp group, they once used the N-word and nobody got sacked. Why are you questioning me?”

Well, that implicated three further lads in a completely unrelated case, all got sacked. Two of them three or four years from retirement.

Bet he’s a popular person 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

There was another one, Fiona Onysanu (or something along them lines), lied to the Police about a driving offence, apparently its just the Tories 🤷

Naturally. 

Of course, if we judged them all by comments they made and expected them to be booted out, there'd be no one left.

Raynor would be gone and she could have a straightener with Dories over who was the nastiest.

Her acolyte would have had more time to knife Corbyn, and Boris would be painting letter boxes black.

Then of course Chris Bryant, the leader of the standards committee who was himself was ordered back into the chamber just a few months ago and given a dressing down by the speaker: he could nick the mace as his last act and club Mr Hoyle like a baby seal.

They're human, they err from time to time like the rest of us. Just the usual blood baying brigade overblowing it all.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Members
17 hours ago, Rudy said:

Seriously though Once again it’s about context, did he go to a klan rally? No. Is it risky and naive? Maybe Yeah. is it racist? No. 
Stop putting everything under a microscope, the whole world is becoming so sensitive and missing real issues.

Well said Rudy. If it carries on down this road, a huge proportion of the population will end up with a criminal record and the prisons will be bulging at the seams. Fucking lunacy.

Keep things simple - they are trying to over complicate life. Nadine Dorries is right.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Honestly I had no idea it was offensive. I thought it was the term for The Orient. Like Europeans from Europe.

No idea these days. 

Pretty simple. Oriental means 'of the East'; occidental means 'of the West'.

If someone finds that offensive then fuck them. They are idiots and not worthy of your time.

5 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

So blackface could be done in mainstream without folk getting offended until 2008. At some point in last 10 years it's become socially unacceptable.

So the Alex Hales thing he should really be given the benefit of the doubt.... apt really 🙂

3 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

So blackface could be done in mainstream without folk getting offended until 2008. At some point in last 10 years it's become socially unacceptable.

So the Alex Hales thing he should really be given the benefit of the doubt.... apt really 🙂

Umpires call?

4 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

2010 actually. That’s when The ‘Let’s fly’ episode was shown. Alex Hales incident was 2009. 

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Spider said:

If you are a witness to an accident, or some event that required you to describe the people involved to the police, I suppose you’d have to say that’s the safe ground?

If the people involved were a white bloke with dark hair, a white bloke with ginger hair, a black bloke with an Afro, an Chinese woman, an Arab fella, how would you describe them?

Eventually, we have to accept terms that allow us to actually fucking talk to one another,  without worrying we’ll end up being crucified on Twitter be some Perma-offended cunt in shit shoes and “zany” hair for overt racism.

A black person is a black person. A white person os a white person. A ginger is fucking rank. A Chinese person will have a slightly yellow hue to their skin, generally.

Its all fair.

6 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Yes, things change obviously as we all try and improve our understanding. People were probably offended but the culture at the time wasn't attuned to let people speak about how it made them feel. Hence why someone can speak about it now.

I do think though that if apologies have been made for something like fancy dress then that should be accepted.

But it seems that overall there was a more insidious culture rather than a one off fancy dress error of judgement.

Well, that's why people talk about the dominate narrative. People thought it was acceptable because there was only one real voice hears within the mainstream discourse.

We are now beginning to open up and allowing more voices within culture from a range of diverse backgrounds (there is still huge issues around working class voices into the narrative hence why people feel shut out and lash out at institutions like the BBC, as people feel their concerns are not being taken seriously)

This is not all going to go perfectly, but at least we are now talking about it, acknowledging the issues of the past that have caused people problems and at least they now feel they can open up about it.

It also means that those who were in sole control of the power structures have to make space for other voices, audiences and opinions and not everyone likes that shift, but the change is happening and a lot of the bellyaching will seem ancronistic when we look back in 20/30 year's time.