Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How many seagulls could you twat?

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Ironically, I had to rescue one with a broken wing on Sunday.

despite the fact it was fucked, it still managed to peck a hole in my arm and put up a real struggle.

Its dead now, like. Had to put it out of its misery.

To answer the question, I reckon 6 or 7 fully fit seagulls could overpower a bloke no problem. They’re fucking evil.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ironically, I had to rescue one with a broken wing on Sunday.

despite the fact it was fucked, it still managed to peck a hole in my arm and put up a real struggle.

Its dead now, like. Had to put it out of its misery.

To answer the question, I reckon 6 or 7 fully fit seagulls could overpower a bloke no problem. They’re fucking evil.

How did you put it out of its misery? Pillow case and a cricket bat?

35 minutes ago, Rudy said:

How many do you reckon you could leather before they overpowered you and pecked you to death and dragged you out to sea?

I reckon 12

Depends if they're acting in unison or not. If they're all acting independently and coming one at a time then I reckon I could hold them off indefinitely. 

I'm proper nails me mind 😁

• Members
26 minutes ago, Spider said:

Neck twist.

Eventually.

Wasnt a highlight of my weekend, I will say that.

Ain’t your missus a vet? And you had to wring it’s neck. Would’ve been like busman’s holiday for her 

The Urban Gulls round here are bigger than fucking bald eagles. Fed off high carb diets involving chips, naan breads and vomit they are warriors. 

4 of em could take your average man easy.

Ive seen one flip a car over for a single chip.

• Site Supporter

You'd be more fired up if a seagull nicked your £8 odd cod and chips, and he would get a right twatting. Especially if it knocked your specs off in the process.

If it was only a two quid candy floss you might be a bit more lenient and just give it a bit of a slap.

Make the punishment fit the crime, I say.

Edited by Francis Fogarty

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Depends if they're acting in unison or not. If they're all acting independently and coming one at a time then I reckon I could hold them off indefinitely. 

Dave Hunter from Morecambe would take on 50 seagulls plus a few crocodiles just with a spoon.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, kent_white said:

If one lured you down a side street on the pretext of you being on your own, and a load of them popped up from a skip I reckon you'd have your hands full.

Your tie would be all over one side and your hair all messed up, probably with a scratch one one cheek. Like Tippi Hedren and that bloke out of 'The Birds'.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I used to amuse myself as a kid by picking up dog-ends (when everyone smoked) peeling the orange paper off and chucking them off the North Pier when the tide was in to the skiving gulls bobbing about on the sea - the greedy twats fell for it every time and wolfed them down.

If you didn’t read this in the voice of Alan Bennett, do give it a go. Works so much better.